Quantitative Model Validation Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
Validates, tests, and documents usage of complex statistical models by reviewing/evaluating a model’s conceptual soundness, performance, implementation, and ongoing monitoring. The models may cover a variety of products or services; however, all models are used as part of the financial decision-making process. Specific results focus on documenting the validation and testing of advanced statistical models and communicating results to stakeholders within the Bank. Deliverables include the creation of model validation documentation such as: formal write-up of results/findings/conclusions within the validation report, presentations to model stakeholders and management, other written reports (ad hoc), model code/documentation, monitoring reports and related code, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, and four to six years of experience in statistical modeling OR
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, and less than four years of experience in statistical modeling
- Thorough understanding of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends – especially as they relate to models and risk management/compliance
- Strong statistical modeling background based on technical training or advanced education in a quantitative field
- Thorough knowledge of various regression techniques, parametric and non-parametric algorithms, times series techniques, and other statistical models, various model validation tests/methodologies, using SAS or similar statistical package (i.e. R or Python)
- Understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or Machine Learning (ML) modelling techniques preferred
- Strong data compilation, programming, and quantitative analysis skills
- Thorough knowledge of quantitative and qualitative risk factors, industry risks, competition risks, and risk management approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work independently OR in a team environment by collaborating and coordinating with others
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex analyses/results in an accessible & easy to understand manner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of diagnosing root cause and identifying sustainable & effective solutions
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Richfield
Shift: 1st – Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190026023
Other Locations: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis, United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.