Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Part-time Admissions Specialist
Wilmington University, Admissions Department
Why Join Wilmington University?
Established in 1968, Wilmington University is a private, nonprofit, open-access university enrolling approximately 20,000 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral level students whose areas of focus are in Business, Communication, Education, Health Professions, Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Technology. Wilmington University serves nontraditional and traditional students seeking flexible scheduling, convenient classroom locations, and affordable tuition. The University has locations in Delaware, New Jersey, and Maryland and provides both learning in online and traditional classroom formats. As an institution with admissions policies that provide access for all, it offers opportunity for higher education to students of varying ages, interests, and aspirations.
The Admissions Specialist is responsible for enrolling students into undergraduate and graduate degree programs at Wilmington University as needed to meet the University’s strategic goals and enrollment goals.
The Admissions Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service in a personalized manner for incoming prospective and new students, in order to meet our students’ needs. This includes providing step-by-step information in regards to the application process, steps to complete and submit financial aid information, enrollment procedures and initial advisement to incoming students. A team approach to our working environment is key to the success of the department.
Essential responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Living the WilmU Mission: Actively communicate and live Wilmington University’s unique mission to provide educational opportunity to all students of varying ages, interests, and aspirations.
• Customer service: Create a positive customer service experience for all prospective students and applicants by maximizing staff productivity and responsiveness to meet student needs.
• Enrollment: Responsible for assisting prospective and incoming students through the admissions funnel. This includes overseeing specific segments of students or caseloads and serving as their point of contact for all questions relating to admissions services. This individual will serve as a liaison or concierge for incoming students to assist them with all questions related to becoming an enrolled student including but not limited to: admissions requirements, financial aid, prior learning (PLA), career counseling, academic advising, student success (tutoring), co-op opportunities.
• Responsible for tracking assigned students and to identify gaps in service, potential opportunities to increase communications or to improve efficiencies. This individual is responsible for understanding all aspects of the enrollment funnel and stages for the assigned caseloads or segments of students. It is expected that weekly reports will be shared with Admissions Service staff, the Manager and Director. At regularly scheduled staff meetings, the Admissions Specialist will be expected to report out on the effectiveness of weekly communication strategies and to identify trends or gaps.
• Prospective student advisement: Maintain contact with all assigned prospective and incoming students within identified segments. This includes outreach to schedule appointments, assist with the financial aid process and to provide assistance with the admissions and registration process. This individual will be responsible for tracking all students within their assigned segments to determine gaps in enrollment and needed outreach and follow-up for progression.
• Serve as a liaison between Admissions, Advising and Graduate Program Chairs, and colleges to schedule Academic Advising or meetings with Graduate Program Chairs. This individual will be responsible for contacting students, scheduling appointments with appropriate department and following up with student for tracking purposes and progression.
• Lead management: Oversee the usage of Recruit CRM to record prospective student data and feedback collected, from all touch points including (but not limited to) phone calls, walk-ins, appointments and emails. This includes ensuring that all staff are tracking and recording touch points consistently as advised by the Director. This position will collaborate with University Relations staff to ensure proper and consistent tracking and delegation of leads for follow-up. This includes serving on a work-group to closely monitor data to identify trends and opportunities for further engagement.
• Reporting: Provide routine reporting on enrollment and other service response metrics. Create and maintain reports summarizing outcomes of all weekly outreach efforts, sources, and follow-up customer service tasks and activities assigned in Recruit.
• Email, phone, and texting platforms: Assist with call campaigns and other admissions related outreach activities such as email, phone calls, chat and text messaging. This includes being responsible for outreach efforts for assigned student segments. This individual will work closely with the Director of Admissions Services to facilitate and provide appropriate messaging and tone to prospective and new students.
• Staff training: Participate in on-going student service related training for admissions staff as assigned by the Director or Senior Director of Admissions. This will include (but is not limited to) training from the following areas: Admissions, Financial Aid, Academic Advising, Career Services, the Registrar’s office and the University Information Center and also continuous customer service training.
• Flexibility: Must be flexible with schedule and be open to the adaptation of new tasks, in a fast-paced environment while thinking critically and problem solving.
• Perform other duties, which may be assigned by the Director of Admissions Services and/or the Senior Director of Admissions.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Minimum one to two years’ experience working in enrollment services, admissions or customer service in higher education. Must have excellent communication, customer-service skills, and organization skills. Must have knowledge of communication methods and messages that are most effective with specific populations. Must be detail-oriented, self-directed and able to make decisions independently, as well as work successfully in a team environment. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products. The incumbent must have a strong working knowledge of higher education CRM systems (e.g., Recruit CRM/Salesforce) and Student Information Systems (e.g., Banner). Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in any situation is necessary.
Hours of Employment: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; however, flexibility is required to work 10:00am-6:00pm one to two days per week and evenings and weekends occasionally. The incumbent must be flexible with hours and/or schedule to meet the needs of the department and/or the University.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
To apply for the position, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/1606276