Counter Sales Representative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Claymont, DE 19703
Counter Sales Representative
Rumsey is a dynamic, employee-owned electrical distribution company serving Eastern PA, NJ, DE and MD. In existence for over 100 years, Rumsey provides a competitive salary and benefits package, along with diverse opportunities for long term career development. Opportunities at Rumsey encompass a variety of skill sets and experience levels. The Rumsey team consists of over 250 employee owners that thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment. Rumsey just may be the company you’ve been looking for!
• Stock ownership
• 401(k) with employer matching
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
We have an opening for a Counter Sales Representative reporting to the Counter Sales Manager based out of our Claymont location. The Counter Sales Representative is responsible for promoting and developing business. This individual continually contributes to sales growth. The Representative will process customer orders received in person, at the counter, and over the phone. The Representative is also responsible for receiving material, stocking shelves, inventory control, general housekeeping and supporting the Counter Sales Manager with the day-to-day operation.
The essential functions are the tasks, duties and responsibilities that are critical to the job; the employee must be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Promote sales growth, which includes, but is not limited to:
• Proactively making sales calls to customers.
• Promoting add-on sales and vendor promotions.
• Promoting Counter Days.
• Effectively utilizing the company Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
• Create positive relationships with customers.
• Keep current with new product development.
• Process cash and credit card transactions according to Company policy.
• Process orders/bids; enter into Eclipse business system.
• Safely and accurately cut designated lengths of wire using wire take-up machines.
• Maintain and load wire rack.
• Receive product and stock shelves.
• Participate in inventory cycle counts, as directed.
• Safely operate stand-up and/or sit-down forklifts, manual pallet jacks, to lift and transport material.
• Assist in unloading delivery trucks and assist customers with loading product into their vehicle.
• Make customer deliveries as needed.
• Learn and follow company procedures and policies.
• Represent the company at all times in a positive manner.
• General housekeeping.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• High school diploma or GED, or commensurate experience.
• General working knowledge of electrical products.
• Previous counter sales experience (electrical product sales a plus).
• Ability to frequently lift/move up to 50lbs (100lbs. with assistance).
• Ability to stand/walk/lift, pull, and push during entire work shift.
• Ability to climb ladders.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Previous experience and training in the use of a forklift truck.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, we encourage you to apply. To apply online, please visit http://www.rumsey.com/page/rumsey-online-employment-application to complete our employment application.
Rumsey Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under the applicable federal, state, or local laws.