Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - Per Diem
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Middletown, DE 19709
Cadia Rehabilitation- Broadmeadow, a CMS FIVE STAR Facility, located in Middletown, DE, easily accessible from Route 1, in New Castle County.:
Broadmeadow is a 120 bed skilled nursing center, specializing in short term skilled nursing care!:
Seeking per diem Speech Therapist $55.00 an hour to join our 5 Star team to cover weekends and vacations if needed.
The ideal candidate will, under general supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation, administer comprehensive evaluations of assigned patients and develop an appropriate skilled plan of care, in order to help patients reach maximum performance level, and use these skills to the fullest potential to function in the community within the limits of their capabilities. Treatment services will be provided to patients with communication disorders including speech, language, voice, fluency and literacy difficulties; patients demonstrating physical problems with eating or swallowing; and patients demonstrating cognitive deficits
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES as a Speech Therapist:
- Administer evaluations of assigned patients.
- Administer objective tests/assessments (ACL, Western Aphasia Battery, Cognitive Linguistic Test, etc.) during evaluations, weekly progress notes, and discharge summaries, for regulatory and documentation compliance.
- Develop and administer treatment programs to increase patient’s levels of ADL functioning. Use therapeutic exercises and activities to improve or regain strength, range of motion, and fine-motor coordination.
- Determine the exact nature and severity of each patient’s communication problems that may require the use of special equipment and tests. Develop and implement individualized plans for assigned clients to meet individual needs, interests, and abilities
- Review treatment plans, and assess individual performance to modify, change, or write new programs
- Provide dynamic, creative, and challenging treatments to patients to facilitate progress/improvement for a discharge disposition that is at, or exceeds, prior level of function.
- Use computer applications to identify and assist with communication disabilities
- Provide physical agent modalities, as allowable by Federal, State, and Professional Regulations, to address areas of weakness related to SLP plan of care and goals.
- Treat adults whose language, speech or voice has been affected by surgery, disease or disorders of the nervous system, brain damage or hearing loss
- Assess adults who have difficulty chewing and swallowing
- Educate patients and their families on their disorder/disease to lead a healthy lifestyle and to prevent injury and disability.
- Collaborate with OT/PT staff on a weekly basis, at a minimum, for patients receiving all three disciplines.
- Demonstrate competence in computer skills for efficient point of service documentation and billing. Report any computer/technical programs to IT by submitting a Help Desk Ticket.
- Complete all essential documentation and forms related to the evaluation of a patient, including but not limited to, physician orders, evaluation, care plan, etc
- Maintain the standards of accurate and efficient documentation of patient records as required by law, administrative/facility regulations, and contract rehab provider.
- Participate in Utilization Review Meetings
- Participate in patient/resident Care Plan meetings
- Participate in home assessments, if necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Has an earned Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Has proven experience as a Speech Language Pathologist with patients of varying age groups in different health care settings
- Must participate as a Team member,
- Will provide expected customer service to co-workers, patients, families/caregivers
- Be willing to assist co-workers and collaborate with other disciplines,
- Will obtain and maintain continuing education requirements in accordance with state and professional guidelines.
- Can implement infection control practices and procedures as determined by a Cadia Healthcare clinical competency profile and/or competency exam.
- Can analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from individuals or groups, which may include managers, physicians, clients, customers, the general public and regulatory agencies.
- Can define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Can effectively use Rehab Optima, Microsoft Word software and the Internet
- Can work with individuals from varying ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Certification and Licensure:
The candidate has current certification and/or licensure or is eligible for certification and/or licensure for the state where employment will occur.