ETL Developer III - Lead Hadoop
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
ETL Developer III – Lead Hadoop
About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
Auto req ID:
• 4 year Degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of related experience
• 5+ years of experience in data-base oriented development in an enterprise environment
• Demonstrated skills in data structure analysis, and development of stored procedures, SQL, and scripting in support of data transformation and delivery
• Demonstrated skills in development and performance optimization of SQL queries
• Strong skills in design and development of relational data structures
• Proven scripting skills in both Windows and Unix environments
• Extensive experience in designing and implementing ETL processes in enterprise environments
The Extraction Transformation Load Developer III analyzes, designs, and develops extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes that automate the movement of data between systems and data stores. The Extraction Transformation Load Developer III implements bulk ETL and real-time data integration solutions using enterprise data management tools, with particular emphasis on implementing best practices in the design, deployment and management of scalable, reusable and extensible integration components.
• Works collaboratively within a solution team to design and implement ETL solutions that are of high quality and cost advantage and allow TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank to be the better bank in every market in which it competes
• Designs complex ETL processes that are high in performance and meet enterprise standards for availability and fault tolerance in a secure environment
• Assists team members in performance tuning and troubleshooting ETL processes under development and in production as needed
• Designs and develops ETL processing routines that consume or produce complex XML or Mainframe (EBCDIC) datasets and/or services
• Participates in integration design sessions by sharing knowledge of data elements from analysis phase to data structure designers and ensures all elements are accounted for through the final design
• Participates in the design and development of large-scale data marts or changes to enterprise data warehouses
• Develops interfaces to enterprise metadata environments and ensures ETL metadata flows into the metadata environment accurately as part of new ETL development
• Defines and ensures adherence to best practices for ETL development into standard warehouse models and dimensional data structures
• Reviews documentation for ETL processes and ensures consistency of implementation
• Provides leadership to other ETL developers on projects, processes and/or problem resolution and/or is a senior role delivering on all aspects of research, analysis, design, support and testing
• Provides assistance to team members and may assume a lead role within projects
• Accountabilities are moderately complex and broad in scope
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Preferred Qualifications – Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
• Database knowledge from a development/ETL perspective
• Experience with populating dimensional models for reporting and analytics
• Experience working with Hadoop core concepts and technologies
• Ability to know when to use what tool… Spark, Hive, Impala vs ETL tools and a working knowledge of each.
• Spark programming experience
• Hive programming experience
• Strong knowledge of Hadoop table design
• Experience with Hadoop storage formats and techniques such as Avro, Parquet, Bucketing, ORC, UDFs, Partitioning Strategies, statistics refreshes, etc
• Can troubleshoot a myriad of Hadoop issues related to ETL jobs, Spark, HDFS, Yarn, query optimization, memory, and CPU.
• Strong database experience related to OLTP and OLAP processing environments
• Ability to develop technical design using Visio and interpret and relate the business requirements to technical components
• Experience in logical and physical data modeling (including relational and dimensional modeling), metadata standards, and associated tool (i.e. SAP PowerDesigner)
• Strong experience within the financial industry esp. Risk and InfoSec
1313 Market Street
TD Bank AMCB
Job Category – Primary:
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.