Account Manager - DuPont Microbial Control
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Account Manager – DuPont Microbial Control (Job Number: 206434W-01)
DuPont Microbial Control North America has a challenging and exciting role for an Account Manager located in a Midwest or East Coast Virtual Office Position. The primary focus of this position will be to maintain and grow our business in the Industrial Preservation markets. This Account Manager will have responsibility for managing both direct accounts as well as distributors.
DuPont Microbial Control is a business group that currently resides in the Nutrition and Biosciences Business Unit of Dupont. DuPont Microbial Control is the market leader in offering Advanced Sustainable Microbial Control across the many different market segments we serve, which include but are not limited to: Energy, Water, Paint and Coatings and Personal Care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and develop selling projects around commercial and developmental opportunities for DuPont Microbial Control Products in the North American Industrial Preservation Markets.
• Successfully defend and grow DuPont Microbial Control’s share position.
• Launch new products into the Industrial Preservation Markets
• Effectively manage a key distribution account and deliver annual growth targets.
• Work with customers to define un-met needs.
• Develop strong multi-functional account teams (Technical Service, R&D, Marketing, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Customer Service) to effectively interface with customers.
• Enter and track opportunities using Salesforce.
• Successfully convert opportunities to sales growth ($).
• Develop Account Plans for Strategic Accounts.
• Achieve a high level of penetration across multiple functions (Procurement, Technology, Commercial, Management) within customer base, maintaining strong relationships at all levels of customer organization.
• Effectively utilize available tools such as strategic entertainment and management interface to build customer relationships in line with account plans.
• Effectively negotiate supply contracts.
• Manage customer pricing strategically in line with business goals.
• Deliver a high level of service to customers.
• Effectively resolve quality or service issues that arise.
• Maintain a high degree of knowledge on DuPont Microbial Control technology.
• Develop an in depth understanding of the Industrial Preservation markets.
• Be a resource to the business on competitive intelligence.
• Be knowledgeable on market trends. Provide Voice of Customer input on key Innovation programs.
• Work closely with sales related functions to build good teamwork, foster customer satisfaction and deliver business results.
• Develop forecasts on anticipated customer product consumption.
• Create and work within budget guidelines for region.
• Develop a growth strategy for implementation within assigned region.
• Develop a sales plan for assigned territory.
• Provide needed data to Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) teams to efficiently manage the business.
• Responsible for continuous improvement in the area of overall productivity and efficiency.
• Effective management of sales terms and credit with assigned customers.
• Accomplish all assigned duties safely and in accordance with all Product Stewardship guidelines.
• Participate in regional sales meetings and programs.
• Participate in all key performance management activities – goal setting, employee development plans, performance reviews, etc.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree required.
• Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or Technical degree is preferred.
• 5 years of technical sales or sales related experience desired. 3 years minimum experience is required.
• Industrial Preservation market experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated success in identifying and developing new business opportunities into sales ($) preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Domestic travel, up to 50% of the time, required.
At DuPont, we have an unbridled commitment to
deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable
development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Innovations developed from highly engineered
products and naturally sourced ingredients to shape industries and everyday
life. From smarter homes to more efficient cars, from better ways
of digitally connecting to new tools that enable
active and healthy lifestyles…in all these areas and many more, we’re working
with customers to transform their ideas into real world answers
that help humanity thrive.
Coupled with core values and excellent compensation
& benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers
that help humanity prosper!
Come realize how you can make an impact, actlike an owner and partner with customers in our journey.
Please access the following link to better
understand & appreciate DuPont’s
Journey at https://eidupont.scene7.com/is/content/eidupont/production/unstructured/DuPont.Now_Final_19Apr2019_TA.pdf :
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable
accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for ContactInformation at http://www.dupont.com/global-links/accessibility.html .
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at:
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here at http://www.dupont.com/content/dam/dupont/corporate/careers/careers-landing/documents/DuPont-US-Affirmative-Action-Policy-August-2016-FINAL.pdf .
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Organization: Nutrition & Biosciences
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.