Broom Sweeper Operator - CDL B
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean ? it?s about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping company in the United States. SCA employs over 1000 associates and utilizes more than 350 state-of-the-art street sweepers, parking lot sweepers, sewer cleaners and other support equipment daily across the country. Currently, Reilly Sweeping, a division of SCA is seeking experienced CDL B drivers with air brake endorsement.PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Driver will operate a Broom Sweeper Truck, providing prompt service to customers on scheduled routes, including new housing developments, local cities, & road construction, etc. The Broom Truck will remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and construction materials or highway debris build-up due to seasonal /weather changes and highway waste.
1. Perform required inspection of Broom Sweeper, Pre-trip and Post-trip.
2. Review scheduled routes assigned, be proactive in asking questions if route is unclear.
3. Perform the safe operation of a Broom Sweeper.
4. Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted while maintaining quality of work.
5. Exercise extra caution during inclement weather.
6. Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours.
7. Over-night travel may be required.
8. Perform all other duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
? High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.LICENSE
? Valid Commercial Driver?s License Class B with air brake endorsement & medical card.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
? Requires work performed in outdoor environments/? Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
? Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
? Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching. Frequently; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
+ Health, dental, vision, life insurance
+ Paid vacation & holidays
Sweeping Corporation of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer