Adjunct Faculty: Data Science - ONLINE ONLY
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
College of Arts & Sciences – Science Program Courses: Data Science
There are openings for adjunct faculty to teach Data Sciences courses – Online Only
Wilmington University is committed to academic excellence in our classrooms; relevant programs in our curriculum; and caring, personal attention to our students. One of our great strengths is the enthusiastic, personal involvement of our trustees, administrators, faculty, staff, and alumni in creating a sense of community. We believe that the opportunity for higher education should be available to all who seek it, and we will continue to meet the ongoing challenges that higher education presents in the years ahead. Not all programs/courses are offered at every Wilmington University location – please refer to the University’s website for additional information.
The College of Arts and Sciences is central to the mission and vision of Wilmington University. The College provides the fundamental academic courses required in each undergraduate degree program within the University. Courses in mathematics, science, history, humanities, and philosophy are designed to allow students to explore new and traditional concepts and principles, develop critical thinking skills, and identify questions and issues requiring further study and research.
Adjunct teaching applicants are expected to have strong communications skills, and have 3-5 years of work experience in data or computational sciences. Experience with programming languages such as Matlab, R, or Python is preferred. Experience teaching online at the post-secondary education level is preferred. Applicants are required to have a minimum of a Master’s degree in related field/quantitative discipline (such as computer science, mathematics, or statistics) from an accredited institution and:
• Understand the mission and values of Wilmington University.
• Submit Writing Sample, which is your Teaching Philosophy, following these guidelines: Provide a description of your teaching philosophy. Your description should be no more than 1.5 pages in length and should include the following information: (1) A brief statement (5-7 sentences) explaining how you plan to provide excellence in teaching, relevancy of curriculum, and individual attention to students, which is the cornerstone of Wilmington University’s mission statement. (2) Based on your statement above, please briefly answer the following questions: (a) Explain your beliefs, theories and/or methods regarding teaching and how they shape your concept of successful teaching? (b) How do you know when you are teaching effectively? © How do you develop and maintain positive relationships with students? (d) How do you create a supportive learning environment? and (3) Include a summary of your thoughts on education and the role that you feel you could play in developing students to be successful in their discipline, career, and life. (This statement should be attached to your application, using the attachments area of the application)
• Effective computer skills and be able to use MS Office software.
• If hired, must complete Canvas (Wilmington University’s Learning Management System) training (Basic, Advanced, and the 3-week Hybrid Online Certification course)
• Must be able to abide by tight deadlines required of 7-week Block and 13-week format curricula.
• Must have knowledge of various instructional strategies designed to meet the course instructional objectives and add to student learning.
• Must be able to develop a personalized course outline designed to follow a generic syllabus provided by the University.
• Must be able to provide relevant work experience to the instructional content of the course.
• Qualified applicants may be asked to present a writing sample
• Qualified Applicants may be asked to present a 10-minute teaching sample for the Program’s Director and Chair as part of the interview process.
Complete the application, attach your resume, include a cover letter indicating any other relevant information not included in your application or resume, and a copy of your transcripts for the highest degree earned (this is a requirement to be considered as an applicant for these openings).
Link to the job application: https://apptrkr.com/1594425