Azure Data Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?Join Accenture
and help transform leading organizations and communities around the
world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements, in
conjunction with the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value, provides an
unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make
delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability
excellence through the design, development and/ or delivery of a solution,
service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can
progress within their current role, laterally or upward. We partner with our
clients to help transform their data into an ‘Appreciating Business Asset.’
part of our Data Business Group, you will lead technology innovation for
our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will
build better software better! There will never be a typical day and
that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within
exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology
landscape. You will be part of a highly collaborative and growing network of
technology and data experts, who are taking on today’s biggest, most complex
business challenges using the latest data and analytics technologies. We
will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity.
You will have an opportunity to work in roles such as Data Scientist, Data
Engineer, or Chief Data Officer covering all aspects of Data including Data
Management, Data Governance, Data Intelligence, Knowledge Graphs, and
IoT. Come grow your career in Technology at
The Azure Technical Architect Delivery is
responsible for delivering Data On Cloud projects for Azure based deals. The
ideal candidate would also be responsible for developing and delivering Azure cloud
solutions to meet todays high demand in areas such as AIML, IoT, advanced
analytics, open source, enterprise collaboration, microservices, serverless,
etc. The Azure Data Engineer is a highly performant engineer responsible for
delivering Cloud based Big Data and Analytical Solutions at our clients.
Responsibilities include evangelizing data on cloud solutions with customers,
leading Business and IT stakeholders through designing a robust, secure and
optimized Azure architectures and ability to be hands-on delivering the target
solution. This role will work with customers and leading internal engineering
teams in delivering big data soltuions on cloud. Using Azure public cloud
technologies, our Data Engineer professionals implement state of the art,
scalable, high performance Data On Cloud solutions that meet the need of todays
corporate and emerging digital applications
- Provide subject matter expertise and hands on delivery of data capture, curation and consumption pipelines on Azure and Hadoop- Ability to build cloud data solutions and provide domain perspective on storage, big data platform services, serverless architectures, hadoop ecosystem, vendor products, RDBMS, DW/DM, NoSQL databases and security.- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new solutions and migrating existing data applications on the Azure platform.- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios.- Build full technology stack of services required including PaaS (Platform as-a-service), IaaS (Infrastructure as-a-service), SaaS (software as-a-service), operations, management and automation.- Apply Accenture methodology, Accenture reusable assets, and previous work experience to delivery consistently high-quality work.- Stay educated on new and emerging technologies/patterns/methodologies and market offerings that may be of interest to our clients.- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.- Use considerable judgment to define solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture. Establish methods and procedures
on new assignments with guidance.
- Manage small teams of deliver engineers
successfully delivering work efforts
a client or within Accenture.
- Extensive travel may be required
- At least 5 years of consulting or client service
delivery experience on Azure
- At least 5 years of experience in developing data
ingestion, data processing and analytical pipelines for big data, relational databases,
NoSQL and data warehouse solutions
- Extensive experience providing practical direction within the Azure Native and Hadoop – Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in Azure and Big Data technologies such as Powershell, C#, Java, Node.js, Python, SQL, ADLS/Blob, Spark/SparkSQL, Hive/MR, Pig, Oozie and streaming technologies such as Kafka, EventHub, NiFI etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing data
migration and data processing using Azure
services: Networking, Windows/Linux virtual machines,
Container, Storage, ELB, AutoScaling, Azure Functions, Serverless Architecture,
ARM Templates, Azure SQL DB/DW, Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure
Analysis Service, HDInsight, Databricks Azure Data Catalog, Cosmo Db, ML
Studio, AI/ML, etc.
migration methodologies and processes including tools like Azure Data Factory,
Event Hub, etc.
- 5+ years of hands on experience in programming
languages such as Java, c#, node.js, python, pyspark, spark, SQL, Unix
shell/Perl scripting etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of RDBMS experience
- Experience in using Hadoop File Formats and compression techniques- Experience working with Developer tools such as Visual Studio, GitLabs, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with private and public cloud
architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or
a related discipline.
Candidate Must Have Completed The Following
- MCSA Cloud Platform (Azure) Training & Certification
- MCSE Cloud Platform & Infratsructiure Training & Certification
- MCSD Azure Solutions Architect Training & Certification
- DevOps on an Azure platform
- Experience developing and deploying ETL solutions
- IoT, event-driven, microservices,
containers/Kubernetes in the cloud
- Familiarity with the technology stack available in
the industry for metadata management: Data
Governance, Data Quality, MDM, Lineage, Data Catalog etc.
- Familiarity with the Technology stack available in
the industry for data management, data ingestion, capture, processing and
curation: Kafka, StreamSets, Attunity,
GoldenGate, Map Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Cassandra, Spark, Flume, Hive,
- Multi-cloud experience a plus -