Senior Business Development Director - EPC
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19711
As a Senior Business Development Director, EPC, you will focus on growing QPS’ Early Phase Clinical trials business. To that end, you will be responsible for: securing new business through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision-influencers at prospective clients; retaining existing business that will meet or exceed sales targets; positioning QPS as a primary or preferred provider; and liaising between clients and QPS on all business development activities and requirements. This position is home-based.
• Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account.
• Mange the sales process from lead generation through close, including prospecting, networking, cold-calling, meetings, making presentations, following up, and negotiating
• Generate Request for Proposals (RFPs) from new/existing clients for assigned business line.
• Network and relationship-build at senior/decision-maker level across key accounts.
• Work with Operations and other members of Business Development (BD) to direct and coordinate client visits to QPS, including pre-visit strategy, meetings and agenda.
• Develop and maintain client relationships and profiles.
• Account Planning, Forecasting and Execution
• Share knowledge, skills and contacts with BD team
• Heavy travel required
• Knowledge of, and contacts within, the Global Pharma/Biotech industry
• High-performing, self-motivated and results-oriented sales professional with strong communication, relationship-building and closing skills
• Independent worker and team player willing to team-sell, cross-sell and share knowledge, information, contacts and leads
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally and accommodate communications across global time zones
• Demonstrated strategic thinking skills
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job
•10 years in a CRO or pharmaceutical/biotech sales or operations
•5 years of sales experience