Accounts Receivable Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19711
Our team of Business Support professionals are key to ensuring that QPS’ invoicing is administered in a timely and accurate manner. They are tasked with evaluating the revenue recognition and invoicing requirements of assigned client projects, and are also assigned individual aging analysis and/or reporting duties to support collections activities.
• Review contracts to discern revenue recognition based on feedback obtained from the operations team. Ensure revenue recognition is consistent with company policy.
• Facilitate the month-end closing procedures related to the revenue of the site, including providing revenue analysis by department and by contract to the site operation leaders.
• Facilitate accounting for inter-company related studies: issue invoices to the subsidiaries and the clients, and perform recognition and reconciliation at the appropriate time.
• Calculate, prepare and distribute invoices for QPS projects.
• Assist clients, department heads or operation team members with invoice inquiries, and resolve disputes effectively.
• Communicate with clients to resolve outstanding receivable balances.
• Assist with balance sheet management of accounts impacted by the service performance. This role will help the monitoring and monetization of unbilled receivables, deferred revenue and billed receivables.
• Liaise with outside auditors to evaluate revenue recognition issues, and make recommendations for solutions and procedures.
• Prepare monthly Aging Report and provide analysis of collection activities conducted by the invoice team.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting/finance concepts and analytical practices
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and use new software applications.
• Knowledge and experience in accounts receivable and collections.
• Proven ability to exercise good judgment when dealing with clients, employees and other stakeholders.
• Customer-service orientation
• High School Diploma or equivalent with 3 years relevant experience
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s level Degree in Accounting or Finance, a plus