Pharmacy Technician | Full Time | Day/Midnight Shi
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Posting Job Description
Christiana Pharmacy Department is currently recruiting for a full time Certified Pharmacy Technician. This position is also required to work every other weekend and is a day/midnight shift rotating position. Holidays as required.
The Christiana Hospital Pharmacy and the Wilmington Hospital Pharmacy operate 24 hours a day.
- Fill patient medication bins
- Update carts by including new pharmaceutical orders
- Making dosage or schedule changes
- Removing any discontinued medication
- Make medication credit and charge adjustments via the computer system
- Ensuring any extra medication is returned to stock
- Will deliver carts to nursing units at scheduled times
- Reorder medications in short supply to restock the pharmacy
In addition to these duties, you will answer telephones and greet personnel coming into the pharmacy, answering any questions they may have.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB) is required
- A minimum of one year of pharmacy technician experience required
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Knowledge of generic and trade names of formulary drugs
- Ability to type and perform basic math calculations
- Computer experience preferred
- Strength and endurance is necessary to push the medicine carts back and forth to nursing stations
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.