Assistant Policy Scientist, Center for Community Research and Service
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494258
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 30E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Center for Community Research and Service (CCRS), a unit of the University of Delaware’s Joseph R. Biden, Jr. School of Public Policy and Administration, is a public service, education, and research center that links the resource capacities of the University of Delaware with the complex public policy and health needs of governments and nonprofit organizations. The mission of CCRS is to provide usable knowledge, research, education, training and services that enhance the ability of organizations and communities to promote social and economic justice while contributing to the scholarly body of knowledge. Program area strengths include public health and health services policy and research, housing/homelessness, and community development.
Under general direction, the Assistant Policy Scientist participates in a set of research projects involving quantitative analysis specifically in the health services and health policy area. These research projects are based on a large Medicaid claims data set, and analysis of this dataset will be the primary responsibility of these positions. The Assistant Policy Scientist works closely with the Director, Principal Investigators and senior staff to conduct applied research and public policy analysis.
• Demonstrates and applies thorough understanding of scientific methods, research protocols, assessment instruments, and data interpretation.
• Quantitative data analysis based upon project requirements, including advanced analyses such as OLS and logistic regression analyses, survival analyses and other methods as research questions require.
• Provides technical assistance to stakeholders on data collection to ensure data integrity, accuracy control, and protocol compliance.
• Plans and programs data entry systems to record data collected in surveys, records searches and other types of data collections.
• Participates in preparing peer reviewed articles and presentations, along with data focused reports.
• Reviews peer-reviewed literature and compiles summaries dependent on project.
• May train, schedule, and supervise students for projects or long-term assignments.
• May act as a PI or project leader on applied projects.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with four years’ experience (8), Master’s degree with two years’ experience (8), or Doctoral degree (8). Experience must be in the field of public policy analysis and implementation, or a closely related field, and may include some combination of full time employment, internships and research assistantships.
• Strong knowledge of at least one statistical package using syntax, such as SAS or Stata.
• Effective written communication skills (technical research and report documents, examples of written products required).
• Knowledge and understanding of research procedures, data collection, and analysis.
• Ability to develop and follow research methodology and protocols.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks appropriately.
• Effective communication, human relations, and listening skills.
• Ability to collaborate with students, faculty and/or staff in a team environment.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/799ng3jywzh675vs