skip to main content

Important Notice

It appears you are using an older version of your browser. While some functions will be available, Delaware JobLink works best with a modern browser such as the ones provided by:

Please download and install the latest version of the browser of your choice. We apologize for any inconvenience.



Lead Nurse Practitioner, Surgical Intensive Care

Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.

Job Details
Job Order Number
676027
Company Name
Christiana Care Health System
Physical Address
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
Job Description

Christiana Care Health System is currently looking for a Lead Nurse Practitioner with a minimum of 2 years of experience working as a NP in a critical care setting, to join our team in the Surgical Critical Care Complex and Transitional Step-Down unit. The 22-bed Trauma Surgical Critical Care Complex is a Level 1 Trauma unit that cares for complex post-surgical patients, patients with traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, and penetrating traumatic injuries, including ruptured abdominal aneurysms, septic shock and hemorrhagic shock.

In this role, you will serve as the clinical leader for our growing team of NP’s. You will actively participate in the medical management and care of patients that are admitted in this unit, devoting 80% of your time to clinical responsibilities. The remaining 20% of your time will be dedicated to administrative responsibilities, as outlined below.

Additional responsibilities will include:
Managing NP schedules and ensuring adequate staffing
Overseeing new NP orientation, onboarding, documentation and education requirements
Assisting with individual NP performance appraisals and performance improvement plans
Actively participates in oversight and maintenance of SCCC clinical practice guidelines, protocols, and algorithms

Requirements:
Master’s degree in nursing with eligibility for APRN licensure in Delaware.
Acute Care NP license required
Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a NP in a critical care setting; previous leadership experience is preferred.
Experience in the management of diverse critical care scenarios preferred
ACLS, BLS, PALS certification required
Advanced Trauma and Life Support (ATLS) certification preferred

Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.


To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account.