Phlebotomy Technician | Part Time | 24 Hours/Week
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
The Blood Collection Department at Christiana Hospital is currently recruiting for a Phlebotomy Technician for a part time, 24 Hour per week evening shift position. Every other weekend and holiday required.
Inpatient Hospital Experience or Nursing Home as a Phlebotomy Tech are encouraged to apply.
- Perform venipuncture, finger sticks, and heel sticks on inpatients and outpatients to obtain blood for testing
- Follow established procedures for proper identification of patients, greeting all patients in a courteous manner introducing self and calling patient by name
- Respond to all pages, answering promptly, giving status of present situation and location and approximate time until arrival at unit
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Inpatient Phlebotomy experience preferred
- CPR Certified preferred
- Completed Phlebotomy Training Program preferred
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.