Field Service Engineer - Mid-East
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Field Service Engineer – Mid-East
+ Wendell, North Carolina; Delaware, United States; Pennsylvania, United States; Connecticut, United States; Alabama, United States; Maryland, United States; Virginia, United States; New Jersey, United States; New Hampshire, United States; South Carolina, United States; New York, United States; Georgia, United States; Vermont, United States; Florida, United States
+ Customer Services
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 247406
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Other Locations: United States-Florida-, United States-Vermont-, United States-Georgia-, United States-New York-, United States-South Carolina-, United States-New Hampshire-, United States-New Jersey-, United States-Virginia-, United States-Maryland-, United States-Alabama-, United States-Connecticut-, United States-Pennsylvania-, United States-Delaware-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate’s Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 75%
Specifically looking for candidate(s) with experience in power transmission and distribution. Low and medium voltage equipment.
This position will primarily support the Central to Eastern United States, with maintenance I&C, commissioning activities and troubleshooting emergent electrical issues.
This position may be called on to support new unit installations and commissioning activities throughout Siemens.
• Demonstrated knowledge of power transmission and distribution systems required
• Must have experience with Switchgear, LV or MV Circuit breakers
Knowledge and/or experience with metal clad/vacuum switchgear.
Knowledge and/or experience with breakers or high voltage equipment testing, including analyzing test results and equipment condition assessment
• Must have experience in troubleshooting & repair of electrical control circuits
• Must have very good organizational skills to plan work scope, personnel and equipment logistics
• Two or more years of directly related equipment experience
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good presentation skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint, experience with project management software, a plus.
• Must be familiar with OSHA safety practices and perform duties within specified guidelines to ensure safety of self and supporting crew
• Must be highly motivated and a team player; must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
• Must be available to respond for emergency and relief assignments
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .