Applications Programmer III, University Development
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494279
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Development & Alumni Relations, Information Technology, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 29S
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Systems and Reporting team works at the core of the Office of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) mission while providing the applications, data services and reports that make the University of Delaware’s fundraising and engagement initiatives possible.
Under the general direction of the Director of Development Systems, the Applications Programmer III develops and provides new applications and complex production systems that meet end-user specifications, using knowledge of a variety of computer languages, operating systems, and platforms. This role is both a frontline agent for the team and a technical expert, helping to translate user “wants” into specific solutions.
• Interact with the department’s end-users, understand and analyze their needs and develop applications and complex production systems that meet their specifications.
• Work both autonomously and collaboratively to perform work of moderate to high complexity.
• Use knowledge of a variety of computer languages, operating systems and platforms in order to provide production support for complex business systems.
• Troubleshoot, code, test, debug, update, document and maintain moderately complex software applications; detect, define and debug programs whenever problems are reported or otherwise encountered through scheduled diagnostic procedures.
• Produce design specification documents and translate design specifications into programming languages.
• Develop test data and routines required to test and revise application(s); ensure application(s) is (are) thoroughly tested before release; develop and release reports relevant to test results
• Serve as a leader and collaborator with fellow programmers, as needed, and review the work of others, as requested.
• Collaborate with peer programmers both in DAR and UD-IT to lead initiatives for Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and Datamart design activity in an effort to advance DAR’s reporting infrastructure for campaign planning.
• Partner with UD-IT evaluate core functions and opportunities to collaborate leveraging central services as they become scalable and meet the needs of DAR.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study with at least three years of experience in complex business systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and experience with object oriented programming languages.
• Advanced knowledge of relational databases in a multi-user environment and how to extract data and report efficiently.
• A flexible, adaptable attitude with the ability to learn new languages and tools.
• Ability to be proactive and work independently.
• Strong and engaging communication skills necessary to interact with non-technical audience.
• Organizational skills to handle competing, ever-changing priorities.
• Project management skills, with the ability to prioritize, plan, and organize a work process, as well as the ability to analyze and solve problems and make administrative/procedural judgments.
• Experience with Advance, Cognos, and a university fundraising working environment preferred.
• Working knowledge of Unix scripts and scheduling processes preferred
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dwb6r2kdvvf6f8qz