Associate Director Data & Analytics, University Development
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494280
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Development & Alumni Relations, Information Technology, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 30S
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the general direction of the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Marketing, the Marketing Data Analyst provides ongoing, critical, in-depth analysis of the University of Delaware’s annual giving trends and collaborates with team members to enhance marketing strategies for the Office of Development and Alumni Relations.
The Marketing Data Analyst provides technical expertise and point of contact for managing data, creating reports, and consistent evaluation and analysis of overall program areas to ensure data driven decision making can be considered when creating marketing strategies.
Analytics and Reporting
• Provide ongoing, critical, in-depth analysis of annual donors; identify trends in giving habits and donor behaviors, analysis by record type, ask amount validation and average gift analysis and activity.
• Determine and evaluate the success of each solicitation by using data visualization and reporting software. Develop and prepare analytical reports on the progress of various campaigns so data driven decision making can be considered when creating strategies.
• Recommend strategies and enhanced marketing plans for Annual Giving to increase acquisition, retention and upgrading of donors.
• Collaborate with the Systems & Reporting team to develop, and regularly maintain reporting dashboards to ensure the most accurate reporting is available for all Annual Giving direct marketing efforts and programs.
• Research, analyze and evaluate the impact of gifts on various departments; gather and examine other information to recommend annual giving solicitation strategies.
• Manage internal requests for mail, phone and email data; accurately translate and convert requests into ticket and project requests for Systems & Reporting or self-source where appropriate.
• Using email/event platform, author queries for digital solicitations, leveraging list export utility and queries for list validation and testing.
• Work with Systems & Reporting to create and improve the data delivery system for the Annual Giving department and for all of Development and Alumni Relations.
• Manage the creation of annual giving data segmentation and ask amounts annually and strategize with the direct marketing staff on best strategies to target each audience.
• Manage a wide variety of data needs including monthly call center pledge reminder data, appeal codes and appeal loader processes, NCOA data files, and feeds for external marketing partners for the Alumni Association.
• Support data-related direct marketing production needs such as contact control preferences and preferred month of giving programs.
• Manage and prioritize resources and systems for in-house tasks and direct marketing production; provide data for in-house and outsourced use through direct marketing vehicles, and provide ongoing management of solicitation and reporting data systems.
• Bachelor’s degree with four years of data analysis, annual giving or translatable direct marketing experience preferably in a university environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong data management, analytical and data modeling skills, an inquisitive nature, and a strong track record of creative problem solving.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to evaluate and compare end users’ needs and database output.
• Effective oral and written communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Proficient computer skills – data visualization (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik), data management, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required, SQL experience, or willingness to learn SQL, preferred.
• Ability to understand development and annual giving concepts to accurately translate staff data/reporting requests into effective queries and reports, and provide strategic direction based on analytics.
• Skill in making presentations and training individuals in software applications preferred.
• Experience with complex constituent databases and reporting tools preferred.
• Commitment to collaborative teamwork and individual accountability.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qy2p6jxs2tk5g45y