Senior Data Storage Specialist - St. Paul, MN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior
Data Storage Specialist with capacity planning and support experience to
contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. This
position is responsible for design, implementation, and support of Mainframe
Storage solutions, ensuring high performance, protection, availability, and
simplified management of large and complex storage systems and networks.
- Design, implement and manage Mainframe
- Technology assessment, selection and roadmap
- Present storage solutions to peer group and management
- Assist with establishing Storage Technology selection criteria for
- Leads and participates in new technology evaluations, product upgrades,
hardware refreshes, and data migrations
- Storage specific project based work
- Storage provisioning, reclaims, replication, migrations, and other storage
needs in a timely manner to facilitate business operations for the storage
- Participate in the planning, approval, and implementation of Storage related
- Involvement with Incident and Problem Management activities
- Performance management and resource optimization
- Recommend changes to procedures which result in operational efficiency
- Assist with operational documentation
- Participate in 24/7 oncall support
- Periodically prepare a statistical analysis for business quality reviews
related to the health of the environments.
Successful applicants will
exemplify US Bank’s ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for
others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- At least eight years of enterprise Information Technology professional experience
- 5 years of Mainframe Storage experience
- 5 years Storage System architecture and administration experience.
- 3 Years of Platform Experience: EMC Symmetrix, DLm, FICON with Brocade
- 3 Years Mgmt Tools: Mainframe Enablers (MFE), Connectrix, Unisphere/SE
- 3 Years of Product Experience : SRDF/A, SnapVX
- Proficient with DFSMS, JCL, and SAS
- Ability to work collaboratively with other technical staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement
- Passion for taking initiative, accepting personal responsibility to deliver on commitments and having courage to raise issues, and proactively working to resolve issues and remove barriers in a timely manner
- Excellent analytical skills for troubleshooting failures, performance issues and capacity anomalies
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Saint Paul
Shift: 1st – Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190023822
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.