Senior ETL Developer (Information Security Data Engineer) -
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
U. S. Bank is seeking a Senior ETL Developer to join the Information Security Data Science team. This position is an opportunity for a creative data engineer to construct and support large-scale processing systems that provide key insights in the security threat space using advanced analytics. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for developing, constructing, testing, and maintaining large-scale data processing streams. Duties include developing extract/transfer/load (ETL) processes, ensuring architectures and data processes support business requirements, and ensuring high-quality data is delivered to customers reliably and efficiently. In this role, you will work independently to capture requirements, identify and build data streams to support predictive analytics, clearly communicate outputs in both written and oral presentations, and maintain large data processing systems. Ample opportunity will exist to collaborate/cross train in data science team to use mathematical, statistical, and machine-learning techniques to assist in the research and development of data models, data-visualization apps, and decision-making tools. Additionally, the successful candidate will actively look for novel solutions, methodologies, tools, and technologies to solve new and complex problems and questions. Prior work with cloud solutions such as Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of experience with design, development, automation, and support of applications to extract, transform, and load data
- At least 7 years of experience within a total information technology (IT) environment
- BA/BS in CS, applied quantitative, or science field – Engineering, computer science, data science, math/statistics, or business analytics preferred. Master’s Degree or Ph.D. is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill to clearly and simply communicate complex information
- Experience with large datasets, including structured and unstructured data
- Experience with data pipelines
- Strong personal drive and motivation; excellent at time management
- Experience with data interpretation and data management
- Experience with statistical research analysis
- Ability to solve loosely defined problems which require application of creative approaches
- Experience with Data Mining and Information Retrieval
- Experience developing data visualization of large data sets a plus
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in at least one programming language (C/C , Java, Python)
- Strong SQL or PostgreSQL skills (including Data mining with SQL), and tools such as Hive, Pig and/or SparkSQL
- Experience with Spring Batch, Kafka, NiFi or other ETL (streaming) data tools strongly preferred
- Experience with git (or other Code Versioning Systems)
- Hortonworks (Hadoop), Greenplum (MPP) or other big data platform experience a plus
- Experience generating insights from big data using analytical tools set such as R, python, SAS, or SPSS
- Experience using training and deploying machine learning algorithm (e.g. Generalized Linear Models, Gradient Boosted Classifiers, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Support Vector Machines, Bayesian Methods, etc.)
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Ohio-OH-Cincinnati
Shift: 1st – Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190024228
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.