RN PATIENT CARE
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
RN PATIENT CARE
Send This Job to a Friend
Medical Oncology – Infusion
Full time 80 (Two week Payperiod)
Pay Grade 080 (Minimum hourly rate $29.60/hr)
RN, MEDICAL ONCOLOGY – Full Time
Bayhealth Kent Campus, Dover DE
Bayhealth is DRIVEN to bring the nation’s best healthcare to our communities here at home.
Bayhealth is Central and Southern Delaware’s largest health care system, Bayhealth is comprised of Bayhealth Kent Campus, Bayhealth Sussex Campus, the freestanding Emergency Department in Smyrna as well as numerous satellite facilities and employed physician practices encompassing a variety of specialties.
The Medical Oncology RN provides professional nursing care within the Medical Oncology Department in the Bayhealth Cancer Center locations. Professional nursing practices, requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill are performed using the process in accordance with hospital policy, procedure and philosophy.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities
1) The oncology nurse systematically, accurately, and continually collects and documents appropriate pertinent data for each patient visit
2) Administers and monitors treatment regimens to ensure the right drug is given to the right patient, in the right dose, at the right time, with the right documentation.
3) Formulates desired outcomes in conjunction with colleagues, patients, and families and evaluates effectiveness of interventions.
4) Is responsible for patient and family education related to cancer, by informing the patient and family regarding the treatment process.
5) Systematically evaluates effectiveness of nursing practice by: participating in quality assessment and improvement activities and incorporating evidenced-based investigations into practice.
6) Acquires and improves personal knowledge of cancer care and oncology nursing. Obtaining OCN certification within 2 years of hire date; obtaining recertification as designated by the Oncology Nurses Society.
7) Uses ethical principles as a basis for decision making and patient advocacy. Nursing practice is guided by the ANA Code of Nurses, Oncology Nursing Society, and Infusion Nursing guidelines and ethical principles.
8) Provides an environment that is nonjudgmental and open to the decisions of the patient and family.
9) Understands the rationale for human subject protection during research.
10) Assumes the responsibility for billing accuracy and treatment authorizations. Completes required billing to patient’s accounts in a timely manner at each patient visit.
11) All other duties as assigned, within the scope and range of job responsibilities.
Requires an Associates degree and graduate of an accredited nursing program / university *Must commit to a BSN within timeframe as indicated upon interview, two (2) years RN Med / Surge experience, prior Oncology experience preferred. Must be eligible to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Delaware, an active ONS (Oncology Nursing Society) Chemotherapy Provider card must be obtained within three (3) months of hire and to be maintained and updated every two years as designated.
For career opportunities and more visit www.bayhealth.org