Community Manager - Eagle Heights-Dover AFB Family
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19901
The Community Manager assists the Community Director with the overall operation of the property to ensure customer satisfaction. This position interacts with internal and external customers including resident, vendors, board members and committee members, as well as Hunt employees. This position is also responsible for site level leadership, responsible for collecting and posting rent payments; managing resident delinquencies, evictions, invoice processing, and legal notices; and performing pre-close and closeout accounting processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct supervision of Leasing Agents and Resident Service Specialists. Participates in the hiring, training, performance management and termination of Leasing Agents and Resident Service Specialists.
- Monitors all accounts receivable including collecting rent, posting rent, making daily bank deposits, and maintaining balanced, accurate rent roll.
- Collects delinquent account balances from previous residents. Calculate and Process tenant refunds.
- Accurately and timely completes daily, weekly, and monthly financial and leasing reports, including month-end pre-close, closeout, market surveys, and lease expiration matrix. Generate various reports as required.
- Audits records and files to identify dates requiring administrative action, such as lease expiration dates, delinquent accounts, and unlawful detainers.
- Processes evictions, which includes processing all necessary paperwork, serving notices, and attending court hearings.
- Leases units as needed. Ensures execution of leases and lease files are properly completed.
- Send out lease expiration letters, and process lease renewals.
- Responsible for shopping competitive properties.
- Enter, process, and receive vendor payables. Scan all invoices to the AP department to process payments.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Processes move-ins, move-outs, and lease renewals.
- Assists Community Director with site level leadership to include staff performance and resident relations.
- Assists with resident retention, which may involve planning and organizing social events at the property.
- Assumes responsibility for the operations of the property in the absence of the Community Director.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform physical inspections of the property and verify condition of vacant units and community appearance and safety.
- Coordinate with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely recondition of units after move-out.
- May perform 30-day pre-inspections and move in/outs inspections with residents.
- Assist in weekly, monthly, quarterly reports and executive summaries.
- Create PO’s for office expenses and may create, process and invoice residents for monthly utilities.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Have a high school diploma (or equivalent) a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Property Management, or other related discipline is preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Property Management, or other related discipline is preferred.
- Two years previous property leasing experience or applicable skills.
- Minimum of one to two year’s previous experience managing others.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Previous experience with YARDI is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO) certification or Accredited Residential Management (ARM) certification highly preferred. Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization as well as working with the military community and the military command.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status.