Corporate Trust Operations Manager - R09300
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Manages and coordinates assigned unit within the Corporate Trust Operations team. Manages a team of professionals and provides technical, functional and operational expertise to the team.
- Responsible for planning, leadership, problem resolution, analysis and reporting for assigned unit of Corporate Trust Operations professionals.
- Provide technical, functional and operational expertise in department work policies and procedures; identify opportunities for improvement and provide recommendations for department policy or procedure changes.
- Provide leadership, guidance and feedback to staff, as well as training and ensure the implementation of department goals through assigned staff.
- Facilitate process innovation with a focus on creating efficiency and enhancing the control environment within Corporate Trust Operations.
- Responsible for unit contingency planning and regulatory compliance.
- Actively participate on projects impacting the Corporate Trust Operations team, including but not limited to, developing test plans and strategies and scripts; independently test systems releases and enhancements and delegate project tasks to assigned staff.
- Serve as primary point of escalation in communication with bondholders and business partners in response to inquiries.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 year’s relevant experience,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 7 years’ higher education and/work experience, including a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
Minimum of 2 years’ work leadership or supervisory experience
Strong analytical skills
Strong problem-solving skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience Preferred:
Financial services experience
Ability to work under time constraints with multiple priorities
Strong organizational skills
Ability to partner with various stakeholders
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to set examples for others
Prior experience leading a diverse team