Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Skadden is seeking a Corporate Analyst to join our Corporations Department in the Wilmington, Delaware office. As a member of Skadden’s professional staff, the Corporate Analyst will play an integral role in helping the Firm provide high-quality service to clients. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at Skadden are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in their goal to provide excellence in legal and client services. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
This position provides information and assistance to attorneys, legal assistants, and clients regarding work involving all Secretary of State offices.
- Provides assistance to attorneys, legal assistants, and clients regarding inquiries about utilization of corporation law and requests for guidance as to applicability of code sections.
- Researches information regarding specific business entities in all jurisdictions.
- Drafts and processes certificate filings for business entities in all jurisdictions.
- Responds to requests for documentation for business entities from all Secretary of State offices and through the Delaware Secretary of State Information System.
- Calculates franchise tax obligations for corporations both annually and upon decision to dissolve by merger or conversion.
- Selects and provides forms, precedents and boiler documents.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills and develops effective work relationships with vendor and state resources.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED COMPETENCIES:
- Working Knowledge of Delaware Secretary of State Information System and related procedures
- Knowledge of Delaware business entity laws and procedures
- Current knowledge of best practices, trends and techniques
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer programs with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or at least ten years of related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.