Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
321 E 11th St, Wilmington, Delaware 19801
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides necessary maintenance (general maintenance, basic plumbing, basic electrical work), transportation, security and housekeeping duties for the morning opening, and afternoon/evening shift and late building closure as needed. Provides coverage for the reception desk as needed. Is available after hours and weekends to respond to building alarms and ensure building is secure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist to maintain safe conditions for Elwyn Delaware employees, consumers, contractual staff and the general public by providing building maintenance for safety issues identified through visual inspections as well as reports from staff
- Perform building security in the evening to include securing all offices, egresses, courtyard, alarms, parking and cage areas
- Respond to fire alarms including but not limited to assisting evacuation to occur, providing back-up to safety officers and clearing areas not accounted for during evacuation and follow proper procedures for notification to alarm company, city emergency personnel and designated Elwyn Delaware staff as back up
- Accept notification on “off” hours from alarm company of triggered alarm and respond to secure building as necessary
- Respond to all announced Codes (Green, Red, Yellow, Blue and Orange) in accordance with building protocol
- Escort building occupants when requested to/from parking lot
- Provide custodial care of the building, including but not limited to, restroom cleaning, vacuuming, dusting and wet mopping, carpet shampooing, floor care, garbage removal, etc.
- Collect recyclable materials and store for recycling
- Monitor inventory and practice safe use of all cleaning supplies
- Perform infectious waste clean-up according to established building protocol
- Assist in the maintenance of the interior/exterior of the building including lights, drains, painting, lawn care, litter patrol, snow removal, etc.
- Report any maintenance/hazardous concerns (i.e. roof leak, downed electrical wires, major appliance breakdown) beyond their normal responsibility, to the Supervisor of Facility Management for correction
- Respond to and complete requests for special equipment set-ups for in-services, special events, etc.
- Facilitate and complete office/program moves within the building
- Collect donated goods from the community at large.
- Drive company vehicle to perform interoffice mail delivery, pick-up of building supplies, pick-up and delivery of work product and pick-up and drop-off of vehicles for maintenance as needed.
- Monitor vehicle conditions weekly and inform supervisor of necessary repairs
- Supply rescue to disabled Elwyn Delaware vehicle as needed
- Perform all other job duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Supervisor of Facility Management
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Participants, Elwyn staff, tenants and their visitors, contracted custodial services, outside vendors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in general building maintenance; electrical, plumbing and custodial experience a plus
- Experience working with individuals with a variety of disabilities preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills
- Must have current, valid driver’s license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
321 E 11th St, Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Area of Interest
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.