Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Specialist II - R08866
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Executes, reports, trains and educates related to major program initiatives and projects related to business continuity and disaster recovery. Identifies and incorporates changes in regulatory requirements, the Bank’s risk framework and applicable policies. Actively emphasizes corporate-level response and recovery, operational risk and Governance and Regulatory program components.
- Utilize subject matter expertise and available tools, including risk assessments and business impact analyses, to develop, maintain or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and procedures.
- Work closely with business teams to identify potential impacts to processes resulting from various types of disruptive events and required process Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs); provide guidance for creation of strategies, tasks and actions that address unavailability of dependent resources and support continuation of mission critical business processes through a comprehensive Business Impact Analysis (BIA) process.
- Complete analysis of gaps between business functions’ process criticality and the established Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) for technology systems supporting them.
- Develop or implement contingency plans to address organizational emergencies.
- Plan and conduct business plan simulation exercises to assess adequacy of existing plans and recovery strategies. Prepare exercise results documentation and ensure plans are updated.
- Oversee development and execution of coordinated business plan exercises involving two or more plans in a line of business. Ensure results and needed plan updates are documented and addressed.
- Ensure issues are assigned to the appropriate owner and track issues to closure.
- Prepare periodic updates and reports on assigned initiatives.
- Ensure exercise, due diligence and compliance issues are reported upon in accordance with Business Continuity Policy (BCP), policy and Risk Framework requirements, including statements of residual risks and risk-accepted findings
- Develop SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), KRIs (Key Risk Indicators) and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Manage changes and customizations to software and tools that support planning, notification and incident awareness. Create new reports in support of program initiatives and changes in program requirements. Assist in management of service providers.
- Update SOPs annually and throughout the year as necessary when changes occur.
- Remain current on all applicable regulatory, banking and industry standards relating to all aspects of Business Continuity Management (BCM) as well as emerging risks.
- Responsible for creation of COR program and program maintenance.
- Serve as Incident Commander, scribe and/or communications coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruptive event as assigned. Conduct and oversee disruption activities, including scheduling of team members by shift to handle team incident management responsibilities.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision-making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Maintain the third party service due diligence risk program. Participate in oversight of joint testing.
- Perform due diligence reviews for Tier 1 high priority and Tier 2 services and detailed due diligence review of Tier 1 critical third party services. Complete reviews of third party non-traditional program oversight programs and any service provider due diligence tests assigned by Third Party Risk Management (TPRM).
- Work with service owners and third party vendor relationship managers as needed to assess criticality of the service to the business and ensure Tier 1 critical third parties maintain compliance with our Program requirements.
- Mentor less experienced teammates in understanding TPRM program requirements and how to evaluate third parties’ documentation for compliance with our requirements.
- Provide coaching to service owners to understand recovery timeframe needed for the service and how program requirements apply to the service.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials. Develop training materials, train personnel in related organizational or compliance procedures.
- Provide system training to users of the planning system and guidance on plan content. Provide user feedback to teammates regarding frustrations and suggestions for improvement to the system.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum of 6 years’ combined higher education and/or related work experience
Experience applying business continuity professional practices to BCM program initiatives
Operational, business analytics and systems development experience
Experience in leading and actively participate in recovery walkthroughs
Minimum of 2 years’ proven project management leadership experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Effective organizational skills
Effective time management skills
Effective lateral thinking skills
Effective problem-solving skills
Experience working in a team environment, leading teams to complete tasks in support of an initiative as well as work with a great degree of autonomy
Education and Experience Preferred:
Minimum 5 years’ breadth of exposure to operations production and technology environment and/or various line of business (LOB) environments within financial services industry and/or Business Continuity Management industry
Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP) or Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or domain-related industry-recognized certification
Knowledge of organization’s risk tolerance and/or risk management approach
Ability to assert ideas and gain support and commitment from others