Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Primary responsibility surrounds scheduling for the office, but will include other Office Assistant responsibilities where needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules appointments
- Answers multi line telephones and retrieves accurate messages
- Collects cash payments according to insurance requirements
- Applies ICD9 & CPT4 codes to encounter forms for billing purposes
- Coordinates referrals
- Interacts between physicians, staff and patients to provide accurate communication
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Graduate
- Medical receptionist or medical assistant degree preferred
- Experience in a medical office setting preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.