Senior Social Worker
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Christiana Care Health System is currently seeking a*Senior Social Worker/Case Manager – Maternal/Child*to work full-time in the Christiana location. In this role you willprovide care management services for women enrolled in the Delaware Healthy Women, Healthy Babies -(Healthy Beginnings) program who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant and/or want to live healthier lives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs comprehensive in person assessment and “home” evaluation, detailing psychosocial and environmental factors and their effects upon the patient’s physical and emotional health. Assesses the patient’s physical needs, emotional health status, family support system, financial resources and available community and government programs.
- Partners with individuals and their families if necessary to develop an appropriate treatment plan addressing behavioral and physical health issues that may serve as barriers to the patient’s optimal health care.
- Advocates for the patient when necessary, empowering individuals to achieve their goals, including individual and/or class inequalities, inadequate community resources, including insurance benefits, housing and community resource applications. Interviews and assesses referred and high risk patients to determine services needed. Support the patient by intervening, negotiating and promoting their concerns. Assist patients to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Maintains pertinent and timely documentation in the patient’s medical charts. Accurately abstract and maintain required state of Delaware, Department Health and Social Services data
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited graduate school of Social Work required, LCSW preferred. Three to five years of recent experience in a health care setting, maternal/child health care experience preferred
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.