Electrical Engineer -- Experienced
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
+ This position will offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your academic background in Electrical Engineering.
+ Under the direction of the project lead, this position will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing nuclear power plant electrical systems.
+ You will be involved in power distribution designs and the preparation of specifications for the procurement of major electrical power equipment and related installation services.Support the project lead in coordinating systems design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
+ Prepare and review detailed calculations, including three phase power transient studies, voltage drop, and protective relay settings.
+ Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
+ Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of S&L’s systems of process and associated “Communities of Practice.”
+ Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced engineers.
+ There is the potential for you to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews and to plant site locations for construction coordination and field verification of designs.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- A BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program is required; MSEE preferred
- Three or more years of experience in the design of electrical engineering systems in a project team environment for non-commercial, power plants, with a focus on integrated, detailed system design for new plants, or modifications or replacements for existing nuclear plants. Experience must include the selection of equipment, materials, control philosophy, and the preparation and assembling of calculations and specifications.
- Familiarity with electrical system design including medium and low voltage distribution systems (transformers, generators, motors), and equipment selection.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, drawings, and models.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, and designation as an Engineer in Training.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Country United States
Area of Interest Engineering
Type Full Time – Regular
Job ID 2019-2631