Head of Financial Crime
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Job Title:Director, Head of Financial Crimes
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Overall Purpose of role
The US Consumer Bank Head of Financial Crime role holder is responsible for ensuring that Barclays Bank Delaware effectively manages its financial crime risks, covering money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions and bribery and corruption, in line with the Barclays Bank Delaware BSA/AML Program and related Barclays Group Financial Crime policies. In doing so the role holder protects the Bank, its customers and its employees, as well as society at large, from the negative effects of financial crime.
Your Role (Key Accountabilities)
- Hold delegated authority from the Head of Governance and Operational Rigor for financial crime compliance and risk management
- Ensure Barclays Bank Delaware achieves compliance with all Financial Crime regulations, policies and standards, and manages Financial Crime within stated risk appetite, through
o Overall ownership of E2E processes that are primarily designed to manage financial crime risk or comply with the above regulations, policies and standards and;
o Ownership of BBDE Customer refresh strategy;
o Act as 1st line financial business representative for regulatory engagement on matters relating to financial crime;
o Collaborating with others to deliver effective risk management and compliance in related processes (e.g. onboarding);
o Doing so in a fashion that also supports the business’s wider strategy
o Responsible for ABC tracking across the organization
- Oversight of Operational execution of financial crime activity and ensure effective controls testing in place.
- Ensuring IGAs and Service appendices for financial crime execution are fit for purpose and support adherence to Fin crime policies
- Work with second line of defense functions (primarily BBDE Financial Crime officer) to influence and shape the bank’s policies and standards in a manner that reflects and is relevant to US consumer customers and partners
- Responsible for working with all teams involved to ensure that Barclays Bank Delaware achieves satisfactory (or better) outcomes in related risk assessments, assurance reviews and audits, identifying and resolving issues that may preclude this and responding appropriately to assessments that do not meet this target
- Monitor, ensure accuracy and respond to Key Risk Indicators to identify areas of concern, define and deliver (directly and indirectly) suitable responses that will return and maintain these indicators within appetite. Responsible for accurate submission of risk rating reporting to board.
- Act as US Accountable Executive on change programmes that exist to support delivery of the above, such as the financial Crime remediation programme
- Work proactively with leaders across USCB, second line of defense, Chief Controls Office, Barclays Service Company and the wider organization to support delivery of mutual objectives, contributing to the effective implementation of agreed Business Plans
- A strong base of understanding of and experience in financial crime compliance and risk management within a financial services organization
- Significant experience and skills in leading a team(s) with responsibility for delivering compliance with regulation and/or policies within a customer facing environment
- Significant experience in regulatory change and skills in leading teams and functions through change and embedding continuous improvement, whilst also maintaining an effective control environment
- Significant experience and skills in working with senior stakeholders across a business area and making sound risk-based decisions with important consequences
- Understanding and experience with US Consumer Bank, structure and customers
- Leadership of teams with responsibility for customer reviews, including customer contact
- Experience in leading remediation activities
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: Head of Financial Crime
Requisition ID: 90241706