Electrical Engineer - Subject Matter Expert
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Chemours is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our growing Engineering Technology team! This position will report directly to the Engineering Director. The position is located within the United States at or near Chemours headquarters in Wilmington, DE or manufacturing locations (e.g. mid-Ohio Valley, Tennessee Valley, Carolinas or Gulf Coast regions).
The Electrical Engineer will provide leveraged consulting services to Chemours global chemical businesses in electrical and power engineering and related technologies, including technical support to plant operations and new capital projects.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consulting support as a member the leveraged Engineering Technology group to Chemours manufacturing sites concerning electrical systems such as plant performance issues, improvements, incident investigation, commissioning
- Provide resource and backup to plant personnel for electrical distribution
- Support of project engineering and business teams specifying and designing industrial electrical systems
- Lead team in structured problem solving / root cause failure analysis
- Support to electrical technical and safety groups
- Development and delivery of webinar training on topics of interest to Chemours manufacturing and engineering groups
- Required travel: Approx. 30-50%
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- 8-10 years relevant work experience
- Familiarity with NFPA 70 and 70E
- Experience in analyzing/troubleshooting/improving electrical protection systems
- Proficiency in modeling and analyzing electrical systems to maximize equipment protection/reliability and reduce arc-flash hazard
- Electrical equipment expertise for a full spectrum of devices in multiple voltage classes from 480V up through 24kV including switchgear, cables, transformers, relays, meters, breakers, switches, fuses, lightning arrestors, motors, adjustable speed drives
- Familiarity with Electrical Hazardous Classification requirements
- Familiar with solid, low resistance and high resistance grounding of power systems
- Experience with commissioning and startup of industrial plant electrical systems
- Experience with power/energy monitoring applications
- Utilization of predictive maintenance techniques such as IR, insulating oil analysis
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work well with all levels in the organization
- Self-motivated and ability to independently achieve results.
- Ability to work in teams and work in a collaborative environment
- Good technical writing skills and good verbal communications skills
- Good problem-solving skills and trouble-shooting skills, leveraging technical background
- Must have a valid passport
The following skill sets are /preferred/:
- Utilization of test equipment such as a relay test set, Hi-Pot, Doble, TTR, DLRO, Megger
- Experience with process equipment (PLC, DCS, Communication)
- Experience with supporting project FEL II/III and production design
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations regarding electrical systems.
- Experience with modeling systems (SKM – Power Tool for Windows®)
- Experience in Low voltage electrical systems
- Project Economic evaluations – estimating and return on investment
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018-2019 and a /“2018 Top Workplace”/ by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not
currently available for this position/