Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
The mission of Resources for Human Development (RHD) is to provide caring, effective and innovative services that empower people of all abilities as they build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities. RHD s multi-faceted programs serve people with a variety of challenges that include intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illness, substance abuse and homelessness.
The Delaware Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team is a service provided by an interdisciplinary team that ensures a recovery oriented system of care is available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week and is prepared to carry out a full range of treatment functions wherever and whenever needed. The program employs master s and bachelor s level counselors, registered nurse, substance abuse specialist, vocational specialist, psychiatrist/APN, peer support specialist, and a program assistant to provide these services in the community.
This position is for a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) at the New Castle County, Delaware ACT Team. This position is primarily Monday-Friday with an on-call component. The RNs work in both the office and in the community providing services to the adults served by the program.
- Visit clients to assist with working towards treatment plan goals; for example, healthy eating, weight loss, medication education, exercise, applying for medication assistance/benefits
- Coordinate with other medical providers, accompany to medical appointments
- Work in conjunction with the psychiatrist, insuring that medication orders are sent to the pharmacy and given to clients as indicated.
- Give IM injections and take vitals on a monthly basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Job Requirements/Minimum Qualifications:*
- Must have a valid RN license in the State of Delaware
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and valid insurance
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screen
- Work well as a team member, think independently, work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and possess strong organizational skills
/Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status./