Buying Professional- Sacramento, CA
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Buying Professional- Sacramento, CA
+ McClellan, California; New Castle, Delaware
+ SCM-Procurement / Logistics & ECC
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 246815
Primary Location: United States-California-McClellan
Other Locations: United States-Delaware-New Castle
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Required: No
We are currently seeking for a Buying Professional within our Siemens Mobility Customer Services Operational Procurement Team. The position will be responsible for the order management of a set group of product commodities.
The position will issue purchase orders to approved suppliers to obtain materials at the lowest cost consistent with quality reliability and urgency of need. This individual will maintain lead times for custom and standard product orders, manage supplier relationships, align with our Strategic Procurement team to monitor supplier performance, supplier quality as we as negotiated terms and conditions. This position willassist the strategic procurement team in executing commodity strategies at a tactical level.This position will be seated either at McClellan Park (Sacramento), CA or New Castle, DE.
- Executes complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users, getting prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits
- Resolves complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices
- Updates project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases
- Defines, communicates and tracks scheduling, risk, change, opportunities and resource management
- Gains alignment on project prioritization and requirements
- Works with cross-functional business partners as well as Supply Chain Management (SCM) network
- Track the vendor’s progress against the original and/or revised schedule
- Responsible for effectively communicating with cross-functional team members on project status and SCM tasks
- Review and target supplier delivery improvements and late order resolution
- Works in conjunction with strategic procurement, supplier quality and logistics for improving total cost of ownership of products/services
- Responsible for order execution and delivery on all indirect materials purchasing for the Customer Services business division
- Leverage existing procurement processes and compliance while seeking to identify best management practices, improved procurement processes and other continual improvement initiatives to facilitate efficient processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A minimum of 1year relevant work experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate success in applying complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization’s business practices and issues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Perform job duties with a sense of urgency
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .