Video Producer, Office of Communications and Marketing
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494234
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Communications & Public Relations, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 29S
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the general direction of the Creative Director, the Video Producer acts as the developer, producer, director, editor, videographer and script collaborator for video productions.
Works closely with colleagues to produce and/or direct a variety of videos ranging from promotional, light-hearted fare to more exacting research-focused pieces. Interacts regularly with leaders not only in the Office of Communications and Marketing but throughout the University.
Collaborates with faculty, staff and students to determine their needs, conceives and promotes the appropriate video techniques, and creates the finished product. Possesses the ability to tell the story via video but also knows how to work with motion graphics and animation when needed. Must have an interest in bringing a good story to life regardless of content type or theme, which may include but is not limited to: the campus experience, research/innovation, science, event coverage, etc. Comfortable in all formats from mini-documentaries to video profiles to promotional segments.
• In collaboration with the Creative Director, OCM leadership and video peers, sets strategy for video storytelling. Produces, shoots, directs, edits videos, and adjusts content for scripts in collaboration with team members.
• Creates, produces and posts video and audio features, including conducting interviews with sources such as faculty members, and students for platforms such as UD’s website, social media channels, commercials and various other platforms.
• Organizes and coordinates the details of video production work. Conducts location site surveys and production planning meetings. Specifies the staff, facilities and equipment needed. Edits or directs the editing of video materials including selection of scenes, transitions, special effects, narration, and background music
• Ensures compliance with University video and brand standards.
• Provides recommendations for enhancing public awareness and engagement through use of video and audio.
• Researches and develops new techniques for conveying and presenting material within video projects. Evaluates new audio/visual equipment and recommends use. Keeps abreast of new technologies.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Audio/Visual Communications, Design, Production or Journalism preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to transform complex topics into engaging video stories. Scientific focus is a plus.
• Ability to create, compose, edit video scripts and storyboards, and perform editorial research.
• Advanced proficiency in Premiere/After Effects and Final Cut Pro. A proven advanced proficiency level with Photoshop and Illustrator is a strong plus.
• Expertise and mastery of video production process, camera operation, different camera and lens types, microphones, proper filming techniques, lighting design, and post-production.
• Experience covering live events.
• Understanding of technical requirements for delivery of assets on various distribution channels.
• Strong knowledge of current and emerging audio/video technologies, live streaming, multimedia communications and engagement monitoring/analysis.
• Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Significant independent judgment and self-motivation.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• A positive, can-do attitude with a deep desire to constantly be looking to improve and innovate. Collaboration is key as well as being a team player. Ability to think creatively and approach a wide variety of projects from new angles. Must be an imaginative storyteller.
• Reel or website of relevant materials is required at interview stage.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond the typical business day, nights and weekends throughout the academic year, when required.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xwq4q9q23vt4z2nh