CIB F&BM: CIB Management Product Controller - Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
CIB Finance & Business Management: CIB Product Controller – Associate
The Product Control team is part of CIB Finance and Business Management and provides financial services across business aligned teams. The CIB Management Product Control Associate will be responsible for the integrity, in terms of completeness and accuracy, of specific financial information provided to central CIB reporting teams and to Corporate Financial Reporting for consolidation into firm-wide external reporting. The Associate will be expected to investigate, explain and communicate the business drivers, underpin significant financial movements and variances for Front Office, Legal Entity Controllers, Corporate Reporting and other CIB and Corporate Finance groups. As such, the candidate must be able to meet the ad hoc nature of requests and quickly define views that prompt decisions by Senior Management. The role demands superior analytical skills, technical abilities and flexibility but provides a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to gain a broad understanding of products and in addition build partnerships with Corporate and CIB Central Finance Teams.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financials (Financial and Management reporting)
• Understand the drivers of CIB Management’s balance sheet and P&L, monitor the balances, forecast P&L and conducting robust variance analysis (month on month, quarter on quarter, and year on year)
• Own key deliverables for Month and Quarter end Reporting. Manage reporting deadlines and deliver submissions on time.
• Forecast financials on a monthly basis which may include all or some of the following: balance sheet, RWA, revenues and expenses. Support and provide input on semi-annual and annual planning exercises.
• Expense analysis: understand direct and indirect expenses and set up allocation rules to recover these expenses from other LOBs.
• Support the businesses included in Global CIB Management and work with senior Business Partners (Legal, Tax, Diversity, Treasury, Corporate Events, OTS, Real Estate & others).
• Assess and analyze key controls always focusing on maintaining/enhancing the strong control environment
• Assist with Business Control agenda recording and reporting
• Communicate and coordinate across the global team to identify best practices and implement them
• Ad hoc requests and projects
• Understanding of accrual accounting, forecasting and management reporting
• Comfort liaising with senior stakeholders in Finance, LEC, and SFO
• Ability to build and maintain partnerships across other corporate financial, treasury, and accounting groups
• Ability to understand business drivers and requirements and influence business managers and technology partners to deliver solutions to issues and problems
• Ability to quickly understand workings of a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance preferred.
• Superior analytical abilities
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills
• Outstanding technical skills/ Strong knowledge of Excel
• Ability to multitask and ready to deliver in a challenging environment
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.