Senior Internal Auditor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Senior Internal Auditor
Chemours is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to join our growing Finance team! This position will report directly to the Assurance Senior Manager in our Wilmington, DE location.
You are a highly motivated team member with excellent technical and business acumen, a team player and who has an interest in an opportunity to interact with various levels of business, IT and Finance Management, up to and including the C-Suite on occasion. You will perform projects that not only improve the internal control environment of the company but also improve the efficiency and effectiveness of company processes, reduce risk and improve outcomes.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Regularly guides and participates in both financial and operational/integrated audits, collaborating with other CAS team members (including co-sourced team members and off-shore staff)
- Planning and scoping projects, conducting opening/closing/status meetings, executing work programs, conducting interviews and testing, documenting work papers, observations, and recommendations
- Coordinating work with external auditors, internal control compliance groups, corporate security, and other groups, as appropriate
- Writing clear, concise reports that communicate key insights and observations to functional/business personnel and Senior executive members.
- Interacts with team members at all levels of the businesses, functions, and IT organization, including communicating observations and business insights to audit clients
- Ensuring compliance with the professional standards as established by The Institute of Internal Auditors and also with CAS’ own methodologies, policies, and procedures
- Participates in special projects and brainstorming sessions, including the development of the annual Internal Audit plan
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or similar
- CPA, CIA or other similar certification(s)
- General knowledge of and experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and methodologies for achieving compliance
- General knowledge of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA’s) code of ethics and professional standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to clearly communicate thoughts appropriately to key stakeholders/clients
- Interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) – approximately 20%
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- 4 or more years of experience in Internal Audit or External Audit
- Working knowledge of SAP and/or other financial applications
- Experience acquiring data then transforming, mapping, cleansing, and preparing data for analysis
- Experience with data tools (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, QlikView, ACL, IDEA)
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to present to the organization
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018-2019 and a /“2018 Top Workplace”/ by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/