Business Analyst II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Acts as liaison between Business units and IT at senior level; Possesses expertise in the business objectives, processes, and products; Oversees business requirement gathering and analysis, risk assessment and project scope; Mentors lower level colleagues; Performs impact analysis; Support development of application, conceptual design, testing and implementation activities; Leads and manages project support staff for medium to large projects/enhancements affecting multiple business and IT departments.
Essential Job Functions
Develops business requirements through analysis on business activities, industry trends and sponsor requests. Works with business leader to define project scope Performs impact analysis of business process changes/enhancements across the organization Understands customers objectives, processes and products in order to make educated recommendations Oversees Business Requirement gathering and analysis Acts as liaison between Business Sponsors and IT staff Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities Performs quality review checks on project deliverables Mentors/supervises lower level peers on project tasks by managing the daily and long term work efforts of assigned staff for a particular segment of work May require occasional traveling
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 4 years Financial Product, Sales, Service or Systems experience
- Completion of or actively pursuing a major insurance designation, or Business Analysis Certification (CBAP) and currently certified for process improvement (Six Sigma or Z-Lean Yellow Belt) preferred.
2 years as a Business Analyst I, Project Manager or Process Analyst or 5 years of experience in related areas
Special Skill Requirement
- Sound understanding of insurance loss, expense, growth and efficiencies
- Ability to actively take part in meetings and conferences and communicate effectively
- Capable of composing reports and high level technical explanations
- Leads and manages project support staff (not direct reports) for medium to large projects/enhancements affecting multiple business and IT departments.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: Farmers Insurance
Title: Business Analyst II
Requisition ID: 190005N1