Computational Fluid Dynamics Senior Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Computational Fluid Dynamics Senior Engineer
Chemours is seeking a Computational Fluid Dynamics Senior Engineer to join our growing Technology team! This position will report directly to the Process Development Group Manager in our Wilmington, DE location. This position will relocate to the newly built Chemours Discovery Hub in Newark, DE at the end of 2019.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide guidance on incremental improvements and innovative technologies for titanium dioxide pigment manufacture.
- Generate models of observed process phenomena that increase understanding and promote improvement of operating conditions or equipment design.
- Provide engineering expertise on reaction vessels, mixing equipment, separation technologies, grinding systems, and conveying systems.
- Drive business initiatives for world class performance in safety, quality, cost, capacity, and sustainability.
- Coordinate technical projects and communicate findings with colleagues located worldwide.
- Successful performance provides access to a wide variety of career paths and most directly leads to leadership of global process technology teams.
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- PhD in Chemical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering. Candidates with an MS and 5+ years of relevant industrial experience will also be considered.
- Expertise in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) including Reynolds Stress and Large-Eddy Simulation models
- Experience with particle laden turbulent systems and specifically modeling turbulent fluid interactions with solid particles and liquid droplets
- Demonstrated understanding of compressible flow theory beyond ideal gas approximations and in non-isentropic flows
- Mathematical competence in conductive, convective and radiative heat transfer mechanisms
- Ability to travel 10-15%
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- Demonstrated understanding of the interplay between complex thermodynamics (including phase change and chemical reaction) and fluid mechanics
- Experience with commercial CFD modeling packages (e.g. Ansys CFX and/or Fluent)
- Experience modeling large scale industrial equipment
- Expertise with a wide suite of computational tools such as Mathcad, MATLAB, Mathematica, Maple, and Excel
- Familiarity with computing languages such as C++, FORTRAN, and shell script
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018-2019 and a /“2018 Top Workplace”/ by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/