Medical Director, Cancer Genetics
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Christiana Care Health System (CCHS) is looking to hire a BC/BE fellowship trained Medical Geneticist to join our Center of Medical Genomics as Medical Director.
The successful candidate will have completed a fellowship in Medical Genetics and Residency in any of the following: Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine-Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Obstetrician/Gynecologist, or Maternal Fetal Medicine. We are looking for a Medical geneticist who is interested in developing and maintaining The Center for Medical Genomics to join our team of genetic counselors and provide evidence based genetic services. This Director level position is open due to organizational growth and development. Offering an exceptional work / life balance with an 8am-4:30pm five day work week.
- Join an exceptional 15 person team comprised of genetic counselors, genetic assistants, residents, graduate students amongst other colleagues.
- Provide adult geneticservices and provide in-patient consults
- Partner with various medical specialist and subspecialist for expansion of genetic services.
- Expand and assist with laboratory utilization and review of genetic tests being ordered through the hospital: Genetic Laboratory testing Stewardship
- Assist with the vetting of new genetic tests and technologies coming down the pipeline to determine clinical validity and inform hospital policies.
- Act as a strategic decision maker with regards to population health initiatives.
- Advise leadership on the strength of the current and future projects surrounding medical genomics and identify improvement initiatives and advancement opportunities.
- Lucrative salary offered with aggressive bonuses and comprehensive benefits package.
- Collaborate with other institutions (public and private) and with the community to devise and accomplish educational activities in and for the community.
- Teach/mentor CCHS residents and genetic masters students.
- Academic interest welcomed, but not required.
Working for Christiana Care Health System you will be part of one of the country’s largest health care providers. CCHS is comprised of two hospitals and the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center and Research Institution totaling around 12,000 employees. An academic, not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care is a regional center of excellence in cancer, cardiology and women’s health services.
Due to its central location, working at Christiana Care and its Center of Medical Genomics in Newark, DE offers opportunities to live in urban, suburban, or rural environments with numerous housing options in Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland while still making for a reasonable commute. The area features excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and is a short driving distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beach resorts, the Chesapeake Bay and Pocono mountains. With access to I-95 and Amtrak, you can also access Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, DC, or New York City.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.