Field Service Trainee
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Field Service Trainee
Interested in working in our Field Service team by contributing with your desire to learn and passion for science? Do you enjoy traveling and meeting new people?
The Field Service Trainee position is an exciting Entry Level position that is comprised of extensive training and the opportunity to travel in our Service Department. Once the training period is completed successfully, you would be promoted to your own Service Territory when the opportunity comes available. Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
- Perform Shop Repairs by troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and calibrating customer, applications, and service equipment, focusing primarily on the Thermal and Rheology line of instruments.
- Assist in packaging repaired instruments and facilitate rush Service shipments on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain a dedicated area for Customer Repairs holding in queue for repair, with items properly stored and identified.
- Establish and maintain prompt professional communications, both written and verbal, with customers and internal resources.
- Travel frequently with current Field Service Specialists to gain knowledge and experience of the position.
- Assist Field Service Specialists with service calls in their territory as needed.
As the candidate’s training advances, the position will require the following duties:
- Provide customer support, install, calibrate, diagnose and repair, and use all currently supported Rheology and/or Thermal instrument models and accessories. Gain a working knowledge of applications for these products.
- Provide detailed training to customers after installation, instructing them on hardware and software operation.
- Prepare a variety of reports and paperwork to document work in progress, completed work, and other necessary tracking paperwork; submit required paperwork on a timely basis to department management.
- Maintain up-to-date manuals, service tools, service documentation, inventory levels and other materials needed for effectiveness.
- Provide information to customers regarding service products and offerings; effectively sell service products and contracts.
Once the training period is completed, incumbents in this position will be transferred to a field service position when an opening exists. This transfer will likely require relocation to a major metropolitan area in the US.
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following
- Knowledge normally acquired through the completion of an Associates Degree in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, or related field of study preferred Bachelors Degree preferred
- 0-2 years in the service, repair and installation of instruments, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior field service or field support experience is highly desirable, but not required.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to make practical decisions based off sound judgment without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated aptitude in the use of a variety of desktop computer hardware, operating systems and applications software such as Microsoft Excel®, Word®, etc.
- Must be a United States Citizen (no sponsorship available)
- Must be able to relocate
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel both by ground and air carrier.
- Credit Card required for travel reimbursements.
As the world’s leading supplier of thermal analysis and rheology systems, TA Instruments is a fast growing and highly profitable division of an S&P 500 company, priding itself in innovation and an uncompromising commitment to customer support. Our continued growth relies on recruiting and developing individuals that can make a positive contribution to our business. For additional information about our high technology products sold to Global Fortune 500 companies and leading academic institutions and government laboratories around the world, visit our website at .
Headquartered in Delaware, with manufacturing sites in the US and Europe, we are represented in all of the major markets around the world with sales offices in the USA, Canada, Japan, India, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and across Europe.
TA Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of TA Instruments to recruit, hire, and retain the best-qualified workforce while meeting the Company’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. TA Instruments does not discriminate against any qualified candidate for employment because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, religious creed, age (40 or older), disability (reasonably accommodated by TA Instruments), medical condition, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by law.