Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Chemours is seeking a Security Engineer to join our growing Information Technology team! This position will report directly to the Manager, Cybersecurity Architecture & Engineering in our Wilmington, DE location.
The Security Engineer is an individual contributor who supports the vision and direction for Security initiatives that support Chemours business objectives and requirements. Consults on all aspects of Cyber & Information Security across the enterprise, provides strategic Information Security advice, and evaluates the risks associated with new and existing technologies as they relate to business objectives. This is a highly technical and consultative position responsible for project management coordination of assigned projects within the enterprise. You will work across multiple work streams including infrastructure security, security operations, and incident response. In this role, you will design and develop cloud based Infrastructure controls to support our production environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and design the company’s security protection system in both private and public cloud environment, and provide industry-leading and flexible security solutions for the business
- Participates in integrating new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis and relates existing system to future needs and trends
- Works with internal customers to interpret/clarify/implement change requests on security devices
- Helping plan and carrying out Chemours information security strategy and safeguard our computer networks and systems
- Assists with integration, implementation, and administration of systems
- Participates in the cyber solution development process for internal business units
- Implement security measures which monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks
- Developing different ways to solve the existing threats and security issues
- Security product development, testing, and implementation
- Continuous improvement of the security defense capabilities
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/* the following:*
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- 5-8 years in at least 2 IT related roles within an enterprise scale environment (such as security analyst, solutions consultant, information security officer, or security cloud architect)
- Experience in architecture, design and administration of security monitoring tools, such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, proxies, and SIEM
- Experience providing engineering of on premises and cloud security monitoring implementations with familiarity of cloud computing concepts and top-tier cloud providers
- Knowledge in both defensive and offensive security in an enterprise environment
- Ability to read / translate IDS / IPS, syslog & firewall logs, rules and configuration
- Experience coordinating delivery of project/changes milestones, ensures projects stay on target, escalating and identifying roadblocks
- Ability to work a heavy workload on multiple concurrent tasks.
The following skill sets are /preferred/* by the business unit*:
- Certifications with corresponding experience will be used as a differentiator: CISSP, CISA, CCNP, CEH, GSEC
- Understanding of Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Web Application Firewalls, Advanced Malware Defense Appliances, DDOS Prevention, Application Whitelisting, and Network Packet Capture Solutions
- Implementing security tools, standards and processes across: Industrial Control Systems (ICS), Industrial internet of Things (IIoT), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Machine to machine (M2M) communications
- Project management experience preferred
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Highly self-motivated and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018-2019 and a /“2018 Top Workplace”/ by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/