Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494121
Work Type: AFSCME
Categories: Facilities Management, Full Time
Tuesday – Saturday, 3 pm – 11:30 pm
Days off: Sunday/Monday
General Statement of Duties:
Under general supervision of the Manager or designee, performs skilled work at the journeyman level in electrical maintenance (including wiring and equipment), repair, and new installation on low and medium voltage systems.
Examples of Work:
- Lays-out and installs electrical conduits for power and lighting; pulls wire, and terminates connections;
- Performs installation and maintenance of electrical circuits and components;
- Locates, troubleshoot, and correct power failures and short circuits;
- Repairs electric motors, controllers, switchboard panels, lighting and power circuits;
- Makes minor repairs to elevators and generators;
- Installs open and concealed wiring and lighting fixtures;
- Identifies inventory for purchase of repair and/or replacement components and shop tools and testing equipment;
- Provides technical support during electrical emergencies (i.e. outages) and receives direction from emergency response personnel;
- Uses computer and/or tablet and/or smartphone to access e-mail, receive work instructions, update status work order system and other administrative information to include electronic payroll forms, communicates daily using a two-way radio and/or cell phone in order to respond to work-related routine and emergency information;
- Ensures shop equipment is in proper working condition;
- Performs housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Support Electronic Shop when they are not on Campus or in an emergency.
Environmental Factors/Occupational Exposures:
- The primary physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in both extreme heat and cold conditions, as well as conditions that are wet/humid, dry and during times when temperatures are below 32F for more than one-hour periods.
- Employee must lift, tug, pull, and transport, with or without assistance, both small and heavy equipment and material, as necessary.
- The employee may be required to bend, squat, stretch and stand and/or work in cramped areas for prolonged periods of times while repairing equipment at floor level, overhead, and/or in confined space areas.
- Environment may frequently include dust and/or airborne particles and occasionally loud noise, electricity/high voltage, chemicals, gases, fumes, and vibration.
- For this reason, employee is required to wear designated personal protective equipment to include, but not limited to, arc-flash uniform, ANSI-approved safety eyewear, hardhats, gloves, hearing protection, full face shield, aprons and footwear to prevent exposures to hazardous materials, noise, dust and/or airborne particles.
- Must be able to wear designated respirator when required as part of the personal protective equipment.
- A respirator and/or specialized personal protective equipment may be required to make access to certain confined spaces.
- Must follow Lockout/Tagout program/procedures and hot works safety programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess knowledge of electrical installation, troubleshooting, repair and preventive and applied maintenance for utilities, and electrical distribution systems.
- Must have working knowledge of applicable national, state and local building and safety codes; working knowledge of standard practices, tools, materials and terminology concerning the use of testing equipment; knowledge of lighting systems including both motion and dimming applications, knowledge of hazards and safety precautions; and mechanical ability.
- Ability to use hand and power tools; ability to perform preventive maintenance according to published guidelines.
- Ability to use meters and test equipment in the troubleshooting and repair of utilities and electrical distribution systems up to 35KV.
- Ability to work from complex diagrams and drawings related to utilities and electrical distribution systems.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to work safely around rotating equipment.
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in order to meet the needs of the unit and its customers.
- Ability to interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
Required Minimum Training and Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum four (4) years journeyman experience as an electrician and the completion of vocational/ technical school with studies in the Industrial Electrical field.
- Must be licensed or be able to obtain at minimum a journeyman’s license issued by the State of Delaware to perform electrical services or electrical work prior to employment.
- With or without assistance, must be able to exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects and job-related materials and/or equipment.
- Requires the ability to accurately discern colors.
- The employee is required to climb stairs, use extension ladders, work from bucket trucks and aerial lifts, work on rooftops, work from scaffolding and high areas using appropriate personal protective equipment, use ramps and aerial lift devices above ground in order to work above floor
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8rc6vhkbbd5zhfdz