Program Coordinator, UD Advance Provost Institute
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494171
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Executive, Dean, Provost, VP, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 29E
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The UD ADVANCE Institute, https://sites.udel.edu/advance/, operates with the broad goal of changing the university climate to support the recruitment, retention and advancement of faculty from groups under-represented in their fields. The Institute is led by a team of faculty who are responsible for setting the strategies and objectives of the Institute, as well as designing associated activities and initiatives in collaboration with the Provost’s Office. The Program Coordinator will report to the Program Director with dotted line reporting to the Institute’s faculty, and will have a close association with the Provost’s Office. The incumbent will monitor and support Institute activities and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Institute, including, overseeing all office functions and ensuring operational efficiency, organizing and tracking activities, and managing inventory, records, and databases. The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Institute’s faculty leaders as well as all levels of university personnel, including faculty, department chairs, staff, and administrators. The incumbent will serve as the primary point of contact for routine communication with Deans and department chairs, Institutional Research, internal and external advisory boards, evaluators, and other campus stakeholders.
• Working closely with the faculty leaders to coordinate Institute projects, as described below:
• Represent the Institute with campus stakeholders, including faculty, administrators, evaluators, and advisory committees.
Interact with internal and external stakeholders to articulate the main objectives and initiatives of the Institute and to ensure appropriate exchange of data and information.
• Build, communicate, and oversee detailed project schedules and deadlines, under the guidance of faculty leaders.
Oversee day-to-day office operations, including maintaining participant data and mailing lists, documenting activities and initiatives, scheduling meetings and events, managing the Institute’s event calendar, responding to phone and email inquiries, and processing university webforms.
• Maintain Institute financial records including tracking expenditures related to grant and university funding and reconciling the department’s purchase card.
• Participate in budget preparation and projection activities in coordination with faculty leaders and financial services or Research Office staff.
• Assist the faculty leadership team with policy and research briefs by gathering relevant data from internal and external sources.
Analyze and tabulate evaluation and participant data and present the results to the faculty leadership team for reporting purposes.
Provide support to regular reporting activities, including annual reports to internal and external stakeholders, such as, the National Science Foundation, Provost’s Office, program evaluators Institutional Research, Deans, Administrators, etc.
• Coordinate Institute team, committee and stakeholder meetings. Generate and circulate meeting agenda and minutes. Communicate with stakeholders to follow-up on deliverables, as required.
• Manage the logistics and coordination of all Institute events, including but not limited to seminars, information sessions, and workshops.
Responsible for reserving rooms, sending invitations and tracking RSVPs, outreach/promotion efforts, ordering catering as needed, etc.
• Manage logistics when the Institute hosts speakers or advisory boards, including travel and accommodations, reimbursement and honoraria, etc.
• Work with faculty leaders to communicate Institute activities and accomplishments via electronic newsletters, email invitations, flyers, etc.
• Perform basic website maintenance to ensure that information is current and to share relevant content and promote upcoming events.
Oversee any assigned staff or students to accomplish Institute goals and objectives.
• Work closely with appropriate university personnel to coordinate operational tasks related to finance, human resources, facilities, and IT.
Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Higher education experience preferred. Project management experience preferred.
• Adept at adjusting to an ever-changing environment, along with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively solve emergent issues, as needed.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, along with the ability to effectively collaborate with a range of stakeholders.
• Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint or other comparable software programs. Experience with WordPress is preferred.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to handle concurrent tasks.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Ability to handle confidential material and challenging situations with sensitivity and tact.
• Ability to have a flexible schedule, as needed to accommodate institute events, is desirable.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/yd3g253v6qpg7tyf