Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for ensuring that reports and transactional information relating to areas of responsibilities are appropriately reflected in financial reporting. Executes control activities in support of accurate books and records. Ensures appropriate application of corporate policies and procedures, GAAP, and regulations in decision making or problem resolution.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to support the advancement of priorities in areas of responsibility, new business initiatives, and/or resolution of production events.
- Performs financial reporting, audit, and compliance support by satisfying all requests timely and accurately with requested information.
- Identifies and implements control improvements and process efficiencies supporting automation and a stronger control environment.
- Manages the flow of transactions through various internal and external systems. Supports related system-testing efforts and trouble-shooting. Ensures transactions are appropriately reflected to support accurate financial reporting.
- Performs accounting control activities including account reconciliations, journal entries, and month-end close review. Gathers relevant supporting details from source reporting and/or business partners.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of Accounting, Finance, or related field
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.