Raw Material Planner
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Raw Material Planner (Job Number: 205769W-01)
Seeking a new and challenging opportunity to further enhance your career? DuPont currently has an opportunity for a Raw Materials Planner to join our Newark, DE site. This position is accountable for timely and accurate inventory transactions to ensure material availability for production. Will also be responsible for the production planning process, inventory control, logistics management and optimal warehouse utilization.
What do we expect from you?
• Lead deliberate improvement in safety, health, environmental and housekeeping performance (6S) within warehouse area.
• Manage and lead 100% compliance of EHS requirements including incident reporting & audits, safe completion of life critical activities within respective department, process safety, food safety and quality standards
• Continually and deliberately identify and implement improvements in work systems, processes and people development through driving weekly key KPIs, assigning and managing remedial actions for all adverse performance
• Ensure direct report development including their empowerment, 100% training requirement compliance, performance, and accountability
• Manage fixed and variable costs to department budgeted levels
• Drive effective production scheduling to meet customer needs, with optimal use of inventory and assets
• Execute logistics management & scheduling including deliveries and transfer of finished goods and raw materials between plant and local warehouses.
• Develop and provide pulp demand schedule to Procurement
• Ensure effective sourcing and scheduling of raw materials
• Ensure material movement transactions in SAP are both accurate and punctual
• Manage cycle counting process to support fulfillment of KPI targets
• Support deliberate improvement in safety, health, environmental and housekeeping performance (6S)
• Ensure 100% compliance of assigned EHS requirements, safe completion of life critical activities, process safety, food safety and quality standards
• Continually and deliberately identify and implement improvements in work systems, processes and personal development and as assigned in the achievement of department KPI targets
• Ensure 100% individual training requirements are met and train other personnel as required by manager
• Confirm daily production records. Troubleshoot finished goods inventory and resolve issues. Implement reporting improvements to drive inventory accuracy.
• Manage raw material inventory levels on site and supporting warehouse, receive raw materials into SAP.
• Manage SAP process orders, record daily raw material usages and finalize process orders in SAP
• Own Product sample fulfillment process
• Conduct site utility monitoring, consumption, utility counts and reporting.
• Conduct site SAP resource for distribution, purchase records and master data maintenance
• Provide support as key team member for finished goods & bulk production inventory counts, organize physical inventory process
What do we need from you:
• Bachelor’s in material management, supply chain, engineering, or business degree preferred or 3-5 years of experience in Supply Chain or related field
• APICs CPIM certification preferred
• APICS CPIM modules 1-2 certification preferred/required within one year of obtaining position.
• SAP experience required
• Purchasing experience strongly preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office – especially Excel and PowerPoint.
• APO experience preferred
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred
What you can expect from us:
At DuPont, we have an unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Innovations developed from highly engineered products and naturally sourced ingredients to shape industries and everyday life. From smarter homes to more efficient cars, from better ways of digitally connecting to new tools that enable active and healthy lifestyles…in all these areas and many more, we’re working with customers to transform their ideas into real world answers that help humanity thrive.
Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
Come realize how you can make an impact, act like an owner and partner with customers in our journey.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Newark
Organization: Nutrition & Biosciences
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.