CCB-Risk Capital Core Modeling - Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
JP Morgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase& Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Our Firmwide Risk Function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal
accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business
priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor,
risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on
nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer& Community Banking serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others.
The Associate – Capital Modeling and Analysis is a member of the Consumer Capital Modeling team, expected to support critical statistical development projects and related analysis. The incumbent candidate will have the following roles and responsibilities.
- Support end-to-end credit-risk model development efforts within Capital Modeling
- Support model development efforts of and liaison with other risk partners
- Manage quality control within development projects, assuring accurate and appropriate model development,quantification and implementation of capital models.
- Assist in development of benchmark models
- Efficiently design and produce programs to streamline and create repeatable procedures for model development,validation, and reporting.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with line of business partners and model end-users to analyze and meet analysis and reporting needs.
- 2+ years’ statistical modeling experience in the financial services industry; Basel Capital and/or Federal Reserve
Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) a plus.
- 2+ years’ SAS programming experience; well versed in SAS/Base, SAS/STAT, SAS/Macro, and data-mining
procedures. SAS Certification preferred.
- Experience utilizing SQL in a relational database environment such as DB2, Oracle, or Teradata.
- Experience with machine-learning techniques and big data environments.
- Experience with programming languages such as PYTHON and R.
- A Master’s or Ph.D. Degree in a technical or quantitative field such as Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics,
Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology..
- Experience in developing, implementing and testing loan-level loss forecasting models and credit risk models within
- Ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines and be comfortable with the manipulation, analysis, and
summarization of large quantities of data.
- Proficiency in MS Office product suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make contributions to the group’s knowledge base by proposing new and creative ways for approaching
analytic problems and project design.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.