Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world’s largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 25,800 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Under general supervision, and occasional direct supervision, the Estimator performs assignments requiring experience and knowledge of standard concepts within project controls for the preliminary or definitive estimates for projects. Calculates estimates by using processes, labor availability and productivity, and material prices based on historical data. Tabulates cost studies, cash flows, and prospect analysis. Displays core competencies by analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures while developing advanced skills.
- Provide estimates for all types of process estimates using design documents such as P&IDs, scopes, tables, etc.
- Review, understand, and interpret engineered drawings and scope items in order to perform quantity take-offs for cost estimating purposes.
- Generate Capital estimates for DuPont and other clients using Aspen software (Capital Cost Estimator or In Plant Estimator).
- Identify gaps in the design scope and risks that may generate additional costs for a project.
- Communicate with Project Managers, suggest, and agree on the proper allowances and indirect field costs required for an estimate.
- Evaluate and recommend contingency, escalation, and other allowances required for a project.
- Clearly communicate and present the estimate to high-level managers and clients.
- Provide assistance, as required, to other Project Control disciplines (Cost Control and Scheduling).
+ Prepare various windows documents for reporting and reviews with various clients.
- 2 years of industrial estimating experience
- 1 – 3 years of field construction experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in estimating programs including ASPEN Capital Cost Estimator preferred
- Knowledge and/or field experience of construction work related to project plants and refineries
- Good understanding of industrial construction.
- Proficient in critical math and grammar skills.
- Proficient at using advanced computers and windows applications.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Primary Location: US-US-DE-Newark
Req ID: 1083381