Special Events Staff Member- Queen Wilmington
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Assist the Special Events Management Team in providing an exceptional experience for clients and their guests during private banquet functions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up banquet room(s) as instructed by Supervisor to include linen, serviceware, glassware, etc.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and management expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner. Assist with problems / issues as they arise and notify Supervisor of guest complaints or unusual situations.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to: room set up, table set up, clear tables after service, trash removal, coat check services, room break down, controlling access points, etc.
- Once private banquet function is complete, reset banquet room according to Supervisor’s specifications.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Can communicate well with guests. Must be able to speak fluent English, other additional languages preferred.
- Banquet/catering experience preferred with basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and serviceware.
- Candidates should be friendly, outgoing, and presentable with the ability to think quickly in a fast paced environment and communicate effectively. 1 year prior customer service experience preferred.
- Must be willing to pitch-in and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, early hours, late nights, and/or holidays.
This job REQUIRES:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighting up to 50 pounds (tables, chairs, etc.).
- Ability to transport up to 25 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Move about the function area(s) and facility efficiently and safely.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, standing, and walking up and down stairs.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world’s largest live event and ticketing company means you’ll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.