Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
- Complete records and reports.
- Participate in regular in-service training.
- Maintain fitness level (swimming skills, strength and endurance).
- Complete additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Current certification in the following:* Lifeguard:* American Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid
- American Red Cross Shallow Water Attendant and First Aid (water less than 5 feet)
- American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguard and First Aid for non-surf open-water positions.
- American Red Cross Water park Lifeguard and First Aid for water park environments and multi-attraction facility positions
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Other certifications required by local or state laws
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Through knowledge and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques.
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures.
- Leadership and public relations skills.
- Decision-making skills