Project Coordinator, Mobile Health
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494130
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Health Services, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 30E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB: The Community Mobile Healthcare and Wellness Initiative is a new partnership between UD’s College of Health Sciences, Highmark BCBSD, Inc. and Saint Francis Healthcare that will establish an academic-community service model that focuses on episodic care, population health initiatives and community health and well-being services. A mobile health van will be utilized to provide experiential learning opportunities for UD students as they develop competencies, knowledge, and professional skills to function as a future community health professional. Under the direction of the College of Health Sciences Director of the UD Partnership for Healthy Communities, the Mobile Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for the successful planning, design, implementation, and monitoring of experiential learning for multidisciplinary student teams. In concert with the other partners and the governance committee, this position serves as a liaison for all functional elements of the Mobile Health Unit, including: connecting community-based organizations and state agencies with Mobile Unit resources and services to advance shared interests in health promotion, and engaging the broader community and University in health-related teaching and service that promote improved health outcomes and reduced inequities across and within communities. This position will coordinate multidisciplinary student teams, working closely with the governance committee and all partners, to create a comprehensive work plan. This position will coordinate with the Medical Director, Van Driver, Nurse Practitioner, and medical assistants for successful outreach and delivery. This position will work closely with the Data Analyst to ensure the development of indicators and comprehensive datasets for 1) Community Health Services, 2) Health and Wellness Outreach Services, and 3) Overall partnership indicators to evaluate the implementation of the partnership and advance a continuous improvement engagement strategy.
• Researches, plans and develops student experience curriculum from concept to implementation, working closely with staff and other partnering organizations to ensure success.
• Coordinates student education and training. This includes planning content, coordinating logistics, and reviewing for effectiveness.
• Determines student schedule needs and coordinates coverage to support activities of the Mobile Health Unit. Engages faculty as appropriate, possibly facilitating a faculty committee.
• Shepherds necessary components through internal and external processes (e.g. MOUs, Staffing, etc.).
• Builds internal and external networks that will participate in and support mobile health unit.
• Develops partnerships across community organizations.
• Communicates with community partners in order to plan, organize, and coordinate outreach activities. May attend outreach events.
• Develops and implements strategies for improving operations based on evaluations, surveys, and partnerships.
• Develops and maintains metrics reports to measure success with Data Analyst.
• Creates and submits quarterly reports to governance committee, making recommendations for improvement.
• Develops, maintains and updates project-related documents, materials, and website.
• May create needs assessments and satisfaction surveys in conjunction with partners.
• Interprets and communicates work procedures and policies as needed.
• Facilitates communication between partners, including monitoring partnership progress and identification of improvement needs.
• Identifies any operational challenges and provides recommendations for resolution.
• Identifies and communicates resources relevant to particular partnership needs.
• Provides backup support and coordination with other UD partnerships (e.g. Partnership for Public Education) and the larger University Community Engagement Initiative in which PHC is housed.
• May identify opportunities, coordinates grant seeking efforts, and develops grant proposals as appropriate.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and four years’ experience related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Project management, leadership, supervisory or similar community health experience preferred.
• Experience working in community health organizations. Experience working with databases preferred.
• Familiarity with community health issues.
• Prior experience or knowledge of community health and/or community-engaged research preferred.
• An organized individual with previous experience with community outreach and volunteer coordination would be ideal.
• A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is required.
• Ability to work with multiple partners to establish effective working relationships with internal colleagues and external partners, including excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills (building relationships, trust, conflict resolution, the ability to develop and strengthen partnerships).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals both within and outside the partnership.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and skill in organizing resources and establishing and adjusting priorities in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work independently, anticipate issues and proactively seek resolutions.
• Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Mastery of office software and ability or willingness to try new technologies that support communication, including social media and data visualization/presentation.
• Commitment to healthy community principles (e.g. community empowerment, social justice, etc.).
• Tolerance for conflict and stress.
• Flexibility to have roles and responsibilities evolve as project grows, with changes collaboratively determined by leadership team; ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures; ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals.
• Ability to manage work and reporting across colleges. Some travel may be required.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/bc3jnjwjcrndryf9